+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sara Von Gillern - Season 3

Re: Sara Von Gillern - Season 3

The judges want Jessi

I had a feeling that Jessi and Lacey might be top 2.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lindab123;2440808;
    The judges want Jessi

I had a feeling that Jessi and Lacey might be top 2.
    It's frustrating because I don't think either should win. As much as everyone glomed onto the waltz and being spectacular, I'd have to say I wasn't that impressed. I think there was little footwork and a lot of posing. Now I get that the waltz doesn't have that much footwork, but I felt they were in side by side holds way more than they should have been. I would have preferred to see them do some waltzing with the partners face to face.

I don't know, I'm just not a huge fan of girls who always extend their legs parallel to their bodies and think that's choreography (no offense to melody whom I loved but kept doing that during her solos). Jessi does more, but still, I just don't see her winning.

I don't know that Sara will, but she's too cool and I can't wait to see her dance in the other genres.

Can't really blame the girls for the flexiblity moves... It is the style right now. I agree with you, it is getting so boring. I call it the crotch shot move, first left, then right.... gee I'm flexible.
    Tahoe bound....

Oooh, I just noticed her shoes in her bio pic.
    I want them.

FORT Newbie

Haha, yeah I like her style. She looks different on tv than in her bio pics and profile pictures. I know the judges have favorites, but I just wish sometimes they wouldn't 'gush' over them cause it's either going to make the fans scream 'Yes! they noticed' or hate them for gushing over them all the time. I think that it could backfire on them.

I'm not a huge fan of people voting for just their favs no matter how badly they do. Not the point of the show.

FORT Newbie

You guys have no idea what your about to see in weeks coming up. Sara's always been a b-girl, but never took it too seriously until after highschool, though she's always had a unique style. She is extensively trained in all areas of dance, ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, modern, ballroom, you name it, and she's AMAZING at them all. I danced with herfor many many years, since we were wee ones at academy

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by iadance;2442351;
    You guys have no idea what your about to see in weeks coming up. Sara's always been a b-girl, but never took it too seriously until after highschool, though she's always had a unique style. She is extensively trained in all areas of dance, ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, modern, ballroom, you name it, and she's AMAZING at them all. I danced with herfor many many years, since we were wee ones at academy

^Really?! Thanks for letting us know. I really dislike the shows need to label the dancers (b-girl, contemporary dancer, ballroom dancer). I mean, yes they might have specialties, but I think they label them to the extent that no one realizes what else the person may be capable of. I had NO interest in Sara thinking she was just some b-girl (as I hated the popper girl last season) but knowing that she has other training and actually KILLED that routine this week, I am looking forward to seeing what else she can do.

FORT Newbie

I hope so. She doesn't look super comfortable in high heels and she seems to have a bend in her knee when she walks in them. But I'm all for her rockin' it in the other genres!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Welcome to the FORT, iadance!

I've updated the first post and added Sara's interview questions/answers. Check it out.

FORT Newbie

I just heard from a friend of mine who made it to Vegas, and spent a fair amount of time hanging out with Sara. She said she was beyond nice, and she loved hanging out with her more than anyone else she met.

It was interesting to hear how things actually happen versus what you see on TV.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast