+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lacey Schwimmer - Season 3

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Lacey Schwimmer - Season 3

Lacey Schwimmer

Lacey Schwimmer, 18, is a Swing and International Latin dancer from Redlands, CA. Following in the footsteps of her brother and dance partner, Benji, who won the competition last season, Lacey has her own style which she hopes to showcase this season.

1. What is your full name?
    Lacey-Mae Schwimmer

2. Do you have a nickname?
    Sissyduckling , Birdie , Lace-Face , Macy Gray

3. How old were you when you started to dance?
    I was born into a dancing family so naturally I was exposed at a young age. However, I didn’t start dancing till about the age of 6, even then it was on and off for me. I got more serious at age 13 when I realized dancing is my life.

4. Do you have any formal dance training? If so, please provide details regarding training.
    I had tips here and there from my parents growing up, but I liked to watch people and learn from what I was seeing.

5. If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be (hip hop, ballet, tap etc)?
    West Coast Swing, International Latin

6. What other talents/ hobbies do you have?
    I can burn money on anything!!! I like doing hair/makeup, painting, getting a tan.

7. Who is your favorite professional dancer?
    Cyd Charisse , seeing her in "Singing in the Rain" changed my life.

8. Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
    Well, my dad has been a professional dancer since the 70s and my brother doesn’t dance at all [just kidding] my brother is as well!

9. Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
    Yes, I’ve been involved in musical theater my whole life .YES, I occasionally sang a tune or two!

10. What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
    I’ve already seen such a huge response in result to this show. The experience and training I can receive is beyond words, also meeting the people who support you is such a blessing in its own, but truly the friends I have made along this road are ones that will last a lifetime. I can’t wait to take this journey, its already been the best time of my life.

11. Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
    10 years? Wow that’s a long time!! I think being sublimely happy is the only thing I could ever hope for in life. If I’m dancing, or teaching, or having a family I would want to live life to the fullest as possible.

12. What has been your most memorable dance experience?
    Honestly, it would have to be my brother winning last season! I was smack dab front and center by the stage when it happened and all I can remember was me shaking in my boots [literally], then BOOM, his life changed in that second. I got to run on stage and congratulate him and after seeing that happen, I felt so privileged to experience that first hand.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 06-18-2007 at 03:51 AM.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Lacey Schwimmer - Season 3

Good for you, Lacey. Glad to see you representing us westies! Best of luck!

I have to say, though, I don't think she's got the X-factor of her brother (even though she's a better partner dancer), and the competition looks REALLY tough this year. We'll see if she proves me wrong.

I am a bit surprised that I didn't see Melissa Rutz in the Vegas rounds, but Lacey's on the show. Melissa consistently ranks higher than Lacey, and my own opinion is that Melissa would rock this show as a more versatile, energy-filled dancer than Lacey. But I'm still glad to see Lacey in the mix.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

The Rebel Schwimmer. She's certainly less… clean cut than your garden variety Mormon girl. I think she's a cutie, but haven't seen enough of her dancing yet to form an opinion.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

The little that I've seen didn't really do much for me.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

She seems a tad, um, I don't know, spoiled and prima donna-ish, or something. I can't quite put my finger on it, but she's not doing it for me, so far. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, because I think she may be getting a tough edit to even out the fan-bases (her being Benji's sis gives her an edge they want to take away)... Just a thought. Plus, she's pretty young, isn't she? Meh, I guess I'll wait to pass judgment, but she's not an early favorite, I can tell you that much.

Seems a cross between Benji/Heidi and Lisa Marie Presley.

Alright, I guess I'm the first to say that I really like this girl. It may because I was a big fan of her brother's. Nonetheless, I'm a fan of Lacey's, and I want her to make it far. But with the comments she's getting, I don't see her getting there.

I think she got through because she's Benji's sister. From what we saw, I didn't think she was good enough to be in the top 20.

FORT Fanatic

I have to agree that being related to Benji may have given her an edge. I do see people voting for her because they liked Benji and they want to keep the title in the family. It will be interesting to see if that comes into play if she should receive poor scores from the judges and is placed in the bottom group.

I actually think being related to Benji will hurt her because Im reading alot of comments where people already hate her and are talking about how she didn't deserve her spot. However, I only saw one dance. The one with her brother. So I'm not even sure where these ideas are being formulated from.

ITA with CrossingGuard, I doubt she will go far because there is already a very strong bias against her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast