+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Lacey Schwimmer - Season 3

FORT Fanatic

Re: Lacey Schwimmer - Season 3

This girl completely changed my opinion of her tonight. I was blown away.

I really, really wanted to dislike this girl, but she blew me away also tonight. I was shocked at her passion, energy, and complete submergence into the dance. She was the standout surprise for me. Outstanding.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Lacey was to me hands down the best performer tonight, she was mezmorizing onstage, and I've only really felt that kind of passion on one other dance number, which was allison and ivan last year, so to have it this early on was shocking
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

NOOoooo Lacey can't hold a candle to Allison from last year. If those two danced the same routine, Allison would have blown Lacey out of the competition.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2440229;
    NOOoooo Lacey can't hold a candle to Allison from last year. If those two danced the same routine, Allison would have blown Lacey out of the competition.

I don't think Gizmo was comparing the two about who's better and the technical aspect of the dance, but the "passion" and intensity between the partners.

I have nothing but respect for a dancer who so completely commites themselves to a piece. Acutally, that was something I loved about Benji, as well. Early editing was far from flattering for Lacey, and I was prepared to be underwhelmed from the little we saw. But she blew away any reservations about possible lack of versatility. They threw her to the wolves right off the bat - my impression was the Mia wasn't impressed and had no intention of going easy on her for the first week. Lacey rose so beautifully to the occasion that it's impossible not to have respect for her. Even Mia, at the end, looked blown away.

I have to make her an early favorite now, along with Sara and Cameron.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I completely agree Jasmar. I think they gave her Mia and the bad editing because they do not want her to do good on this and were handicapping her. She showed them by attacking this piece and doing it brilliantly. I have nothing but respect for the way she handled herself and the routine.

She and Jamie are my current favorite females.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2440298;
    I completely agree Jasmar. I think they gave her Mia and the bad editing because they do not want her to do good on this and were handicapping her. She showed them by attacking this piece and doing it brilliantly. I have nothing but respect for the way she handled herself and the routine.

She and Jamie are my current favorite females.
    It was my understanding that the assignments for the types of dance were chosen randomly (drawing from a hat, I think I heard). If that's true, then are you saying that if they had wanted to give her a better chance they would have had anyone but Mia choreograph the piece for them? Or do you think it was rigged so that they picked a style of dance that would mean Mia choreographed for them?

I'm in no way calling you out, I'm only wondering how 'rigged' the choice of dances, choreographers, costumes, etc. is.

To explain a pair like Ashlee and Rick, I almost have to say they truly assign partners randomly or they make very careful decisions based on who they want to see voted out early. Shauna and her partner (I can't remember his name) would be another example--we saw NOTHING of them in the auditions, we got very little on them when they were chosen for top 20, they therefore have no name recognition with the audience, and unless the audience feels their dancing was outstanding last night, they are in trouble. Ashlee and Rick we know little about too, other than that Rick is different, so they too are in trouble.

So is Lacey hurt by the negative editing and the difficult choreography? Or does the somewhat negative editing simply emphasize that she is not Benji, she is a dancer in her own right and we should see her as an individual. I personally think that was what the editing was all about. (Whether or not that's true or whether or not it's believed by America remains to be seen!)

FORT Newbie

I've already posted my feelings on Lacey in the thread about the show from last night. She was fine, but I think it's a bit early to praise her so much for a routine that really didn't have all that much to it.

The routine was wonderful -- and she performed it with an awesome passion. I, however, am still not impressed with her in general. I feel like if she had been given one of the other routines, she wouldn't have stood out, and if any of the other females had been given her routine, they would have performed as well as she did. The performance really impressed me, but I need to see more...it seemed more like an overdramatic theatre piece -- I'm looking forward to seeing her do something along the lines of what Anya did so I can figure her out a bit more!

+ Reply to Thread