+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faina Savich - Season 3

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Faina Savich - Season 3

Faina Savich

Faina Savich, 21, is a Latin Ballroom dancer from Brooklyn, NY. Following in her brother Stanislav’s footsteps (he was a finalist in Season Two), Faina grew up in Moscow and has been living in the U.S. for six years.

1. What is your full name?
    Faina Savich

2. Do you have a nickname?
    I do… but it’s a secret, because I’m trying to get rid of it…It’s in Russian without any possible translation.

3. How old were you when you started to dance?
    I started to dance when I was 9 years old. It all began with Russian folk dancing, which is probably the inevitable destiny of every child just starting out dancing in Russia.It was fun!

4. Do you have any formal dance training? If so, please provide details reagrding training.
    I started to do ballroom and Latin at the age of 11, and continued with Latin only when I moved to the States. And not to forget: 2 months of homeschooled hip-hop with my brother!

5. If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be (hip hop, ballet, tap etc…)?
    Latin ballroom.

6. What other talents/hobbies do you have?
    I probably have some other talents yet to be revealed, some time in the future…I have recently started to do yoga, which is amazing! It keeps me sane through my crazy days! And of course my opera singing…but it is far from a talent…haha. But for now, opera singing is a hobby/talent

7. Who is your favorite professional dancer?
    Among Professionala Latin dancers- Carmen Vincelj. And of course my heart belongs to the outstanding Mikhail Baryshnikov and Maya Plisetskaya.

8. Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
    No, but my parents are really good! My dad and I are always the best couple at the parties! And my mom is probably the one my brother and I got some talent from.

9. Have you performed in Music Theater or in public functions as a dancer?
    Unfortunately,no.

10. What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
    First of all, I hope I’ll last long enough to try as many different styles as I can, so that I’ll at least have a taste of them. I’m also looking forward to learning and improving in my technique, style and hopefully professionally, of course! And as a result, hopefully, I’ll be getting great jobs!

11. Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
    I finally figured out for myself where I’d like to be in 10 years but it’s kind of vague yet and is still hard to put into words. One thing for sure, it’ll be all dance related.

12. What has been your most memorable dance experience?
    I’ve had some amazing ones since I was little. For example, my first competition ever, I got first place in ballroom and second in Latin, which made me very unhappy, I remember as if it was yesterday. I recently had a blast looking at that old tape. There were some other great moments. But the audition week in Vegas has been by far the most valuable and memorable out of all!
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 06-18-2007 at 03:10 AM.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Faina Savich - Season 3

Again, best of luck.

But based on what I saw of the Vegas rounds, I thought she was much more out of place and time in her group routine than the guy who got cut from her group (Michael?).

I guess the judges are really pushing for her.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass;2433957;
    Again, best of luck.

But based on what I saw of the Vegas rounds, I thought she was much more out of place and time in her group routine than the guy who got cut from her group (Michael?).

I guess the judges are really pushing for her.
    It seems like they are going with the sibling twist this year. I think they're getting a headstart on Big Brother.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Too funny, Tigerusty!

I wasn't impressed with her. I'd have cut her and put in the girl with the prosthetic arm, Janet. We already have Anya and Lacey for ballroom dancers, we really didn't need a third.

I didn't see her beyond what they showed last night, but I was impressed with what I did see. The best ballroom dancers have so much presence, I just love it. I liked her, certainly more than what I saw of Anya.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Fanatic

In my opinion, better than Anya and Lacey in ballroom. She exudes sexuality and stage presence when she dances. Now she just has to show technical competancy in other areas of dance, and she will be a contender.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Beautiful picture of her!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

She's pretty, good ballroom. I don't think she'll last long though.
    "Walking on poetry...she's a monologue in shakespearean tragedy"

Not a fan I must say. I think Anya and Snow are much better latin dancers. I think her being Stanislov's sister had something to do with her getting in the top 20 honestly. She is a good technician, but lacks performance. Actually kind of like her brother. Personality just not coming through. I don't see her doing well in other styles, but I think Anya will be much more versatile.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Faina is just not doing a thing for me, her routine last night was totally subpar and no real personality to shine through. I think she's in real danger tonight to go home.

Shouldn't have made the top 20 IMHO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast