+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jessi Peralta - Season 3

Re: Jessi Peralta - Season 3

Isn't "dehydration" often code for "drug use"?

She has sort of a trashy, unhinged quality about her, and I hear rumors about her being a drama queen. I don't think she deserved to go based on her dance last night, but if her health problems are preventable or not, the show most likely did not want to deal with that much risk.

surpirsed.
    judges were very abrupt and blunt about it.
    anya shouldve gotten the boot.
    jessi was bangin'

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;2456689;
    Isn't "dehydration" often code for "drug use"?
    Painful to speculate about, but I admit to wondering that myself.

Look: they dumped her (1) very rudely and (2) without saying why. To me that suggests that they felt she had done something wrong, but couldn't say exactly what it was on national TV.

While I have no particular reason to think Jessi was abusing drugs (and certainly make no such allegations!) it would fit the known circumstances. Drug abuse would have been found during the hospital lab work after her collapse, but couldn't be revealed on TV due to the HIPAA privacy law.

It would also explain why Jessi was so surprised and evasive when Cat Deely asked her on-stage what specifcally was wrong with her health.

I would think that they screen for drugs before they are selected for the Top 20 and they're watched pretty heavily once they're on the show so I doubt it.

FORT Newbie

i think nigel was really abrupt because they were running out of time at the end of the show. he just didn't have any time to say much more than he did. i dunno. maybe there is a back story to it all. i just cant' help but think people are over-speculating.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crystee;2457375;
    i just cant' help but think people are over-speculating.
    I agree.

And I still think it's because he wasn't happy with having to let her go.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;2457384;
    I agree.

And I still think it's because he wasn't happy with having to let her go.
    I agree. He clearly said it was a 2-1 vote, and he seemed to want Lauren to go, what with his little (justified) rant to her and and all.

If there was any evidence of drug use against Jessie, they would have had every reason show her the door (Nigel has booted American Idol contestants for lesser reasons). They allowed her to dance again on Thursday. They didn't need to. She simply didn't dance well. Two solos in a row. Not a good thing to do if someone wants to stay in the competition.

I think in the end Jessie was a great dancer, with a lot of potential, but I think she needs something to be choreographed for her. She just doesn't shine IMO when she is dancing her "own style".. But if you give her something, and show her how to do it, she does amazing... all of her dances with Pasha were top 3 IMO.
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by crystee;2457375;
    i think nigel was really abrupt because they were running out of time at the end of the show. he just didn't have any time to say much more than he did. i dunno. maybe there is a back story to it all. i just cant' help but think people are over-speculating.
    I would agree with this. There may or may not have been more behind the "why", but I think he didn't address all the girls (as he usually does) because they were short on time, and he wanted to make sure they didn't run over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast