+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jessi Peralta - Season 3

Re: Jessi Peralta - Season 3

okay I was never really on the love train for jessie, although I LOVED her jazz piece with pasha, she still irked me, and I have always hated her solos... that being said, she should NOT have went home this week! I knew it was going to happen, but after watching her dance with pasha, and her clearly having the best solo of the night (did I just say that?!) I think it was utter crap she was eliminated
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82;2455633;
    I think it was utter crap she was eliminated

I COMPLETELY AGREE. I was upset about the decision. More than that, i was upset at the way they let go of Jessi. It was just a blunt goodbye. No sweet words for tomorrow; no, take care of yourself hun, etc. Hi. Nice to know you. bye. That was it Jessi had potential: A LOT OF IT and I hope some recognizes it (*prays for shane sparks!*)

Btw wasn't her dance with Pasha the hottest number EVER?
    So you think you can dance? haha! Check out my personal blog site dedicated to SYTYCD3, it's in my profile!

This was two weeks in a row where Jessi had completely preventable health problems related to dehydration. The week of 18 there was a newspaper article about it, and the week of 16 she had to be taken to the hospital. Is it utter crap to let someone go who hasn't been taking care of herself when the competition is only going to get more strenuous?

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv;2455946;
    This was two weeks in a row where Jessi had completely preventable health problems related to dehydration. The week of 18 there was a newspaper article about it, and the week of 16 she had to be taken to the hospital. Is it utter crap to let someone go who hasn't been taking care of herself when the competition is only going to get more strenuous?
    I'm a huge Jessi fan. She was my favorite girl and I understand how health problems would interfere with the show. I also understand why they would let her go, even though I don't like it because she was just fabulous and had chemistry on top of chemistry with Pasha. What I don't like is how they did it. No encouragement, no well wishes, no explanation. Not even a 'kiss my ass'. Not only did it cheat the fans, but it had to hurt that poor girls feelings. I, for one, wish her nothing but the best for her future. The girl has serious talent.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rohan_sytycd;2455900;

I COMPLETELY AGREE. I was upset about the decision. More than that, i was upset at the way they let go of Jessi. It was just a blunt goodbye. No sweet words for tomorrow; no, take care of yourself hun, etc. Hi. Nice to know you. bye. That was it Jessi had potential: A LOT OF IT and I hope some recognizes it (*prays for shane sparks!*)

Btw wasn't her dance with Pasha the hottest number EVER?
    to the FORT, rohan_sytycd!

Yes, their dance was definitely hot 'cause they had the chemistry thing going on.

I'm also very disappointed about Jessi's elimination and I'm thinking we'll be getting a better gage on what actually happened within the next few days (why Nigel was so abrupt with the elimination, etc.).
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 06-29-2007 at 02:35 PM.

What I can't understand was how impressive Jessi was in the auditions, and how well she dances with Pasha - but her "dance for your life" solos were dreadful. I think that if her solo had been better last week, they would have kept her and dropped Lauren instead.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I can't help but think there's something seriously wrong. She had good energy for the cha cha with Pasha. When they went close up on her face after her solo, she looked older than her years, tired, and way too thin.

FORT Newbie

I’m not sure to what extent her physical condition played into her elimination – though I have no doubt it did – but I personally think she didn’t deserve to be sent home. After seeing her cha-cha (I was right she did out sizzle Anya) I am just that much more convinced that she is a very talented and versatile dancer. As for the solo, it was not as high-energy has say Sara but it was very well danced…certainly better than Lauren.

And, OMG, the way they let her go….callousness thy name is Nigel Lithgoe.
    Hey, arrête de niaiser là! Donnes-moi mes bonbons puis fait ça vite là, j’t’ en retard sur ma run!

FORT Fanatic

i was ready for Jessi to go. I thought the cha cha was good, but while it was happening i was wishing i could see anya and pasha do it instead. i think jessi's solo was really unimpressive - she had been getting by largely on sex appeal (nigel's perception of it, anyway), and she lost that sex appeal when she covered herself in baggy pants and a jacket and tried to do hip hop following a b-girl.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv;2455946;
    Another thing you have to remember is that you dont really know what her health conditions are and if they truly are completely preventable. She seemed to dance around the question when they asked her last night, I'm guessing that it wasn't just dehydration, and she just didn't want it all out there. Again, that's just speculation, but I sinced an uneasiness about her when she was talking about her health. In any event, I can assure you that she is not the only dancer ever on this show that has had dehydration issues, it just usually doesn't get this serious. Most dancers I know have had some problems with this before when they are under a strenuous schedule, and this SYTYCD schedule is very rigorous.. besides, I can't imagine that she was just completely ignoring her health, I am betting she drinks a lot of water, she has just never done anything this physical before.
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast