+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shauna Noland - Season 3

FORT Newbie

Re: Shauna Noland - Season 3

after watching her solo(which was amazing), i would really like to watch her do contemporary. but since cedric is her partner, she will probably be in the bottom three unless he picks it up big time.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Welcome to the FORT, Mellypea77 and lilchibi!

Shauna was amazing...I was wondering how she made the final 20 because she didn't really stand out until that performance...wow.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by lilchibi;2449695;
    after watching her solo(which was amazing), i would really like to watch her do contemporary. but since cedric is her partner, she will probably be in the bottom three unless he picks it up big time.
    I think Cedric could actually be really good at contemporary. Most of their contemp choreographers could showcase his elasto-boy moves, and use Shauna's technique to create a really beautiful piece. I'd love to see them do contemp together.

I think what would guarantee bottom three material is any kind of partnered dance (ballroom/latin/swing). We know it's Cedric's kryptonite and we haven't seen Shauna do any ballroom/latin yet. Even contemporary dancers often are awkward during their first time or two dancing with another person (much as I LOVE Travis, when he and Martha finally drew a Latin dance, it was really disappointing)- it's a whole other way of moving.

I think they could do well on contemporary, pop/jazz, hip-hop, or some dance like that. But if they draw waltz, quickstep, mambo, lindy hop, or something of that ilk...
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I love this girl, she's got heart
    Her solo performance on elimination night was practically a choreographical orgasm (I promise not in a sexual way)
    I would love to see her stay even though her being partnered up with Cedric is basically a pass to another bottom 3
    Either way, I love this girl!
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

I hope for her sake that she is bottom three again, videos have been put up on websites with her solos that she has done in the past, and the girl will not have ANY problem staying in the competition, and then she can get a new partner (pasha anyone?) She's very good, wondering if nerves got her the first two weeks, or why I didn't notice her at all
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

No one noticed her because she wasn't given anything technically difficult. She is a technician and very flexible. I'm not at all surprised that she would win everything at dance competions. Mia's dance last night, was not hard, just thrashy. Notice there are never any real turns, arabesques or leaps. If Mia had wanted to showcase Shauna she would have given her some difficult turn and leap sequences, instead she had her jumping off and on the stage. Not Mia's best work. Shauna would do well with Neil or Danny or Pasha because they are also strong technically and a choreographer could really showcase that.
    Tahoe bound....

*sigh* poor shauna, another week with cedric.. I'm hoping that the sympathy for him is gone soon, and she can dump him because I honestly think she can outdance anyone of the girls during solos right now.. well, at least she could definately outdance anyone that we have seen as of yet (although I'd be worried being up against sabra)
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

so I have been finding pictures of all of these dancers, and it seems that a lot of them have danced at the same competitions or something... does anyone in the "dance world" know if jamie or shauna tend to do better than the other? is one more well known?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast