Lauren Gottlieb, 18, is a Contemporary/Jazz dancer who currently lives in Sherman Oaks, CA. Lauren is originally from Scottsdale, AZ. After moving to California, she landed a spot dancing with Shakira at the Grammy Awards. She has been dancing since she was 2 years old.
1. What is your full name?
2. Do you have a nickname?
L*Boogz, Misha, GottaLuver
3. How old were you when you started to dance?
7 years old
4. Do you have any formal dance training?
Yes. I danced at a studio my whole life. I trained in jazz, ballet, hip hop, lyrical, and tap
5. If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be (hip hop, ballet, tap etc…)?
Aaaahhhhh....I'd say a mix of contemporary, jazz funk, and hip hop
6. What other talents/hobbies do you have?
Ummm....I've never lost a game of thumb war I love to wakeboard and snowboard. Don't really have any talents.
7. Who is your favorite professional dancer?
Bryan Tanaka (my boyfriend ) he’s kind of amazing! But it’s really hard to just pick one!!!
8. Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
9. Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
10. What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
To grow in all the areas of dance. I need to find myself and my style of dancing. When I'm done with the show I'd love to teach but I need to figure myself out before I try to help others.
11. Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
In 10 years from today I will be getting off of a plane, coming home from being a dancer on the BIGGEST dance tour around the world, and going straight to MY movie premier!!
12. What has been your most memorable dance experience?
I'd have to say this show is definitely the biggest thing! But besides that......I won a national title a few years ago (something I never ever thought would happen)