+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anya Garnis - Season 3

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Anya Garnis - Season 3

Anya Garnis

Anya Garnis, 25, is a Latin Ballroom dancer from New York, NY. Anya has been living in the U.S. for six years after growing up in Russia. She has been dancing with partner Pasha Kovalev, also a finalist, for nine years.

1. What is your full name?
    Anya Garnis

2. Do you have a nickname?
    No

3. How old were you when you started dancing?

4. Do you have any formal dance training?
    I went to a Russian school for 8 years

5. If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be?
    Ballroom/Latin dancing

6. What other talents/hobbies do you have?
    No, I don’t have any time.

7. Who is your favorite professional dancer?
    Mikhal Baryshnikov

8. Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
    No, but I’ve been dancing for such a long time, that they all think they do.

9. Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
    All the time!

10. What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
    I would like to learn and absorb as much as I can and apply what I learn to become a great dancer.

11. Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
    I see myself being a very successful performing artist.

12. What has been your most memorable dance experience?
    Being in the finals of the United States of America Latin, Ballroom championship in Miami, FL in 2004 and having my mom fly in from Russia to share that moment with me.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 06-18-2007 at 02:46 AM. Reason: added interview questions/answers
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Anya Garnis - Season 3

I think she's great, and should especially rock all the ballroom and latin dances.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Fanatic

Every time she danced with Pasha, in my opinion, she was overshadowed. She's OK at what she does, but she's not as mesmorizing as Pasha. I don't know whether she's benefitting from having such a phenominal partner or if she just hasn't tapped into her star factor yet. I think Faina will steal a lot of her thunder.

FORT Fogey

Wow! Was she hot last night!

I really enjoyed her, but I think she's screwed with Danny as a partner. He can hardly stand her, and I don't think he appreciates having someone prettier than he for a partner. I think her personality bulldozes him.

But I have to reserve judgment on her as a competitor until I see her outside her comfort zone. I hope they get hip hop next week.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Wow. I watched yet again their entire segment, not because I want to proove the naysayers wrong, but because I want to see what they are seeing. I just can't see it. The ONLY thing I saw that could even be remotely deemed negative was Danny saying that Anya was a bit bossy. Even that wasn't said with any rancor, and she laughed it off. He smiled and seemed to be enjoying himself throughout the performance. Afterwards he held her hand, kissed her hand and had his arm around her for most of the time spent talking to the judges. He seemed to take Mary's minor criticisms well, said thank you for the good comments and smiled throughout. Bad attitude? I don't see it. He can hardly stand her? Don't see it. He's not my favorite - I don't actually have one yet. But I feel he got bulldozed by the comments from the judges during auditions and I haven't yet seen anything to justify what they said then.

That said, I thought Anya was wonderful. Her energy is infectious and I think she'll do well.

It'sd all in the perspective, I guess. I saw attitude.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2440985;
    I watched yet again their entire segment, not because I want to proove the naysayers wrong, but because I want to see what they are seeing.
    Guess my "o" finger got a little carried away.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

I agree with you , Blues Songstres. I really don't see any major attitude from Danny, and I like his pairing with Anya so far. I think she is smokin' hot, and I can't wait to see how they progress. I think she is my favorite female ballroom dancer this season, above Faina and Lacey. I just really like what we've seen so far of her personality and her dancing.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

I've updated the first post and added Anya's interview questions/answers.

Check it out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast