+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Tidwell - Season 3

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Danny Tidwell - Season 3

Danny Tidwell

Danny Tidwell, 23, is a Contemporary/Jazz dancer from New York, NY, whose brother Travis Wall was last season’s runner-up. Danny was previously involved with the American Ballet Company.

1. What is your full name?
    My full Name is Daniel Arnold Tidwell.

2. Do you have a nickname?
    Ever since I was young Danny is the only name I was called.

3. How old were you when you started to dance?
    I started dancing when I was 10 Years old.

4. Do you have any formal dance training? If so, please provide details regarding training.
    First I started to with my mom at Denise Walls dance energy, in Va, Beach. Under the direction of Denise Wall and Vicky Cooke, I studied Ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, and floor gymnastics. After my training with Denise Wall and Vicky Cooke I invited to study the classical ballet technique with the Kirov Academy of Ballet in Washington D.C. I stayed there for 2 years.

5. If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be (hip hop, ballet, tap etc…)?
    I would have to say contemporary. But with a strong ballet background

6. What other talents/hobbies do you have?
    I love working on the magazine when I have time.

7. Who is your favorite professional dancer?
    So many, most are ones that I know personally. But I love Rasta Thomas, My brother Travis Wall, and Nick Lazzerini. Dana Wilson.

8. Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
    Just my Bro Travis Wall.

9. Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
    Yes a little. I danced In Debbi Allen shows at the Kennedy Center when I was 15. I also performed a dance at UCLA last winter.

10. What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
    I would like to open more doors for myself, and have all the different styles we learn on the show under my belt.

11. Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
    I would like to be working creatively, on any or all of my main interests Music, Dance, Fashion.

12. What has been your most memorable dance experience?
    For sure have the opportunity to dance on the Metropolitan Opera house stage, with American Ballet Theater.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 06-18-2007 at 03:00 AM.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Danny Tidwell - Season 3

The Wall/Tidwell household is a lovely one indeed.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Newbie

Its American Ballet THEATRE, not American Ballet Company. There is no such thing as American Ballet Company. Also Mia Michaels needs to shut up, Danny Tidwell is AMAZING. and Mia sux.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombernavyseal;2434071;
    Its American Ballet THEATRE, not American Ballet Company. There is no such thing as American Ballet Company. Also Mia Michaels needs to shut up, Danny Tidwell is AMAZING. and Mia sux.
    They seemed to be trying to warn him, but it doesn't appear like he was listening, that this is as much of popularity contest as it is a dance contest.

Blake was obviously a great dancer, probably the best, in season 1 but his attitude only got him to 3rd place. I believe that Alison was the best dancer last year but because she didn't excite the voters, she didn't make the top 5 so this guy needs to get a clue if he's here to win.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

I'm not going to pass judgement on his personality/attitude yet, because he didn't do anything that I saw as overtly arrogant. Sure he's got loads of confidence, but that's okay if he's got the talent to back it up. From what I've seen, he does. Crossing the line from confidence to arrogance though is often an easy mistake to make, and will likely cost this guy a ton of support. I hope he realizes how he's coming across, and makes some changes soon to avoid those sorts of potential problems.

On a side note - I sort of think the judges were a bit tougher on him (and on Lacey, too) than was necessary, probably because being Travis' brother may have given him a head start in developing a fan base, so they wanted to "even it up" a bit by putting some negative attitude traits in our heads to watch for. If they hadn't said all that stuff, would anyone have thought he had attitude issues this early on in the competition? I seriously doubt it.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2434100;
    I'm not going to pass judgement on his personality/attitude yet, because he didn't do anything that I saw as overtly arrogant. Sure he's got loads of confidence, but that's okay if he's got the talent to back it up. From what I've seen, he does. Crossing the line from confidence to arrogance though is often an easy mistake to make, and will likely cost this guy a ton of support. I hope he realizes how he's coming across, and makes some changes soon to avoid those sorts of potential problems.

On a side note - I sort of think the judges were a bit tougher on him (and on Lacey, too) than was necessary, probably because being Travis' brother may have given him a head start in developing a fan base, so they wanted to "even it up" a bit by putting some negative attitude traits in our heads to watch for. If they hadn't said all that stuff, would anyone have thought he had attitude issues this early on in the competition? I seriously doubt it.
    I'm with you on this. Sometimes I wish judges (both here and on AI) would just shut up and let the performances speak for themselves. Most of us are coherent enough to make an assessment on our own and vote accordingly without their blatant fawning or bad-mouthing.

Regarding Danny - I thought he was a beautiful dancer and I'm willing to hold back from forming an opinion on his attitude until I actually see what he does. Just hope everybody else does as well.

FORT Newbie

truth is that if you're in ABT, you have to be a bit egotistical, or else you'll get kicked down and no one will see you in the ballet world. It's one of the best ballet companies in the World. If you wanna be seen then you put yourself out there, so ya I'm sure he is a bit cocky, but to get to the top you kinda have to be. Also he probably doesn't care if he wins or not. I mean he was getting paid about 50,000-80,000 dollars with ABT, idk why he is even on this show.

FORT Fanatic

His eyes are doing a weird squinty thing in the photo and it doesn't look good on him. In fact, they should have retouched that. Dancing was OK, and I don't think the judges were too off based in pointing out his arrogance. Even walking up to the judges I got a sense that he felt he won this and that the competition was his. Nothing wrong with thinking it, but if you outwardly display it, that's when things go wrong. I hope he's not the male dance version of Katharine McPhee.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by TNKY;2434489;
    Even walking up to the judges I got a sense that he felt he won this and that the competition was his. Nothing wrong with thinking it, but if you outwardly display it, that's when things go wrong. I hope he's not the male dance version of Katharine McPhee.
    I didn't get that at all from him. Could be that he is not that outwardly demonstrative or very socially adept. Or as someone else mentioned, why does a person have to grovel at the feet of the judges to be considered "humble" enough to deserve everyone's approval? Or maybe he IS an egotistical jackass. I can't wait to see more of his dancing and then try to figure out his personality if it becomes an issue down the line.

Danny Tidwell left ABT a couple of years ago. Last year (2005-06), he was dancing with Complexions in NY, headed by Dwight Rhoden and Desmond Richardson (who are INCREDIBLE). He left that after a year and since has been doing I don't know what. He is an incredible talent, but I suspect the only reason he is doing this competition is for the $250,000 grand prize. I feel like dancers like him (amazing, but from a small studio that has consistently done well on the convention/competition circuit) have a hard time adjusting to company life...maybe sharing the limelight is hard? Mia Michaels has every right to say whatever she wants to him because she has known him well for several years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast