Danny Tidwell, 23, is a Contemporary/Jazz dancer from New York, NY, whose brother Travis Wall was last season’s runner-up. Danny was previously involved with the American Ballet Company.
1. What is your full name?
My full Name is Daniel Arnold Tidwell.
2. Do you have a nickname?
Ever since I was young Danny is the only name I was called.
3. How old were you when you started to dance?
I started dancing when I was 10 Years old.
4. Do you have any formal dance training? If so, please provide details regarding training.
First I started to with my mom at Denise Walls dance energy, in Va, Beach. Under the direction of Denise Wall and Vicky Cooke, I studied Ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, and floor gymnastics. After my training with Denise Wall and Vicky Cooke I invited to study the classical ballet technique with the Kirov Academy of Ballet in Washington D.C. I stayed there for 2 years.
5. If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be (hip hop, ballet, tap etc…)?
I would have to say contemporary. But with a strong ballet background
6. What other talents/hobbies do you have?
I love working on the magazine when I have time.
7. Who is your favorite professional dancer?
So many, most are ones that I know personally. But I love Rasta Thomas, My brother Travis Wall, and Nick Lazzerini. Dana Wilson.
8. Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
Just my Bro Travis Wall.
9. Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
Yes a little. I danced In Debbi Allen shows at the Kennedy Center when I was 15. I also performed a dance at UCLA last winter.
10. What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
I would like to open more doors for myself, and have all the different styles we learn on the show under my belt.
11. Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
I would like to be working creatively, on any or all of my main interests Music, Dance, Fashion.
12. What has been your most memorable dance experience?
For sure have the opportunity to dance on the Metropolitan Opera house stage, with American Ballet Theater.