+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Danny Tidwell - Season 3

FORT Fogey

Re: Danny Tidwell - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2474313;
    I feel so blind...because I don't see "effeminate" Danny. I only see spectacular Danny.
    Me, too. In the amazing waltz, for example, he looked to me to be strong, tall, and in wonderful command of the dance and the stage.

Is it possible that the judges are just voicing this stereotype based on the fact that he danced with ABT? Ballet equals effeminate; ABT equals arrogant snob? It's mysterious to me.

FORT Fogey

Is it me are do this show always get rid of the "feminine" dancers first.
    very true and that is since season 1. i think they don't mind you being gay but if you look the slightest feminine you will be gone.

anyway, i like danny. he seems quiet. i don't even remember how his voice sound

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I've noticed that when the judges complain about the chemistry between Danny & Anya, everybody makes the assumption that it's Danny's fault. Do we know that Anya (even though she is a wonderful dancer) has the capability to connect with a partner? I guess I'm just not ready to believe that Danny is the only problem in this pairing, if there is a problem at all. I am on the road and didn't get to watch last week's shows, so I don't know if I think there was a disconnect between them or not... just going on things I've read online.

I like Danny; he's a gorgeous dancer and a quiet man. Just don't see the problem with him.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The disconnect was what the choreography dictated...and he danced it beautifully. If you get to see it, wait until you see this leap he performs. To Die For!!!! Reinforces the appreciation of his incredible skills!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I beg to differ that the feminine dancers are gone first - Travis came in second (and he was very feminine).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2478431;
    I beg to differ that the feminine dancers are gone first - Travis came in second (and he was very feminine).
    travis was gay not feminine!!
    by the way, i don't believe danny is gay.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

I'm fairly certain it was discussed on Travis' MySpace that Danny is gay. It was a while back, before this season, but it was in reference to Danny and his partner, if I'm remembering correctly. I won't swear to that, but I'm fairly certain...

Not that it matters in the least. I love both Travis and Danny as dancers, and I think both were/are capable of dancing the masculine role with enough conviction to make it work. That's what is important in this circumstance - convincing masculinity on the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2478445;
    travis was gay not feminine!!
    by the way, i don't believe danny is gay.
    Danny most definetely is gay... myspace is your greatest friend!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2478431;
    Yep, there's another one I don't get. Travis doesn't seem feminine to me, either.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Totohomo;2478656;
    Danny most definetely is gay... myspace is your greatest friend!
    wow, my gaydar is sooo off. I think i will vote more for him since he is gay (yes, i am bias!!!, i love my gay boys)

+ Reply to Thread