+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Danny Tidwell - Season 3

Re: Danny Tidwell - Season 3

I love that NY Times article. Danny is indeed in a class all his own. His dancing is so beautiful it's almost heartbreaking. I could watch him dance all day. I hope he knows how many people are rooting for him and doesn't let all this talk of his supposed arrogance (I don't see it AT ALL) get to him. Go Danny.
    As I got older I had to step out of the lines and make up my own mind. --Liz Phair

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2473466;
    Wouldn't it be great to see Danny really let loose and perform something in his on style (longer than a cheesy 30 seconds).
    That would be a dream come true.

FORT Newbie

As a soloist there is no question that Danny is the most talented and magnificent dancer on the show but he just doesn't connect well with the audience or with his partner IMO. I don't really think it's arrogance but he does tend to dance too within himself. And I don't think his contemporary dance this week and particularly the song choice helped that image. The character he was portraying this week was supposed to be cold and aloof while his girlfriend desparately tried to get him to take her back. Unfortunately I think the audience felt that Danny was cold and aloof (rather than just the character he was portraying) and therefore did not respond well to him.

If he and Anya do end up in the bottom three again this week I think the judges will save him again because I'm sure they want him on the tour. Would I pay to see him dance on the tour? Probably, because he really is magnificent. Will he win this competion? Probably not unless he can find that magic in his performances that Nigel was talking about and learn to connect better with the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2448566;
    Danny is an amazing dancer and you can't beat the ballet trained dancer for technique, but he does seem effeminate at times.

Compared to Nick Lazzarini, or Blake McGrath or even Travis Wall, Danny has a different style. While I think he has the best technique, I'm not sure I like his style.
    lol Are you talking about Ms Travis, please he has not a masc bone in his body.

Danny has to be my favorite male of the remaining contestants.

His personality does seem to be somehow off-putting, but I do not think it's arrogance. If anything, he may be more sheepish ...rather than say, crazy camera mugging Benji. He has a more understated, confident demeanor ...he takes it very seriously, and he DEFINITELY has the talent to back it up! This draws me in more, but I guess that the general audience prefers the guy who is goofy and personable.

HA HA... no kidding Travis doesn't exude "dudeness" to quote Nigel, but somehow (maybe because he's shorter and more compact) he doesn't seem as effeminate to me as danny. I reserve the right to change that opinion if they ever give some really good choreography...
    Tahoe bound....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I feel so blind...because I don't see "effeminate" Danny. I only see spectacular Danny.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Of all the guys, Danny does seem to be the lease "masculine", but I wouldn't say he is feminine. He just seems softer than the other guys. And, it's not the ballet training. As a comparison, Neal is also ballet trained, but is as masculine as any of the B-boys. That being said, Danny is by far the most physically beautiful of all the men and is a joy to watch. However, he is somewhat aloof from both his partner and the audience. I think when he dances, he just zones into his own world and forgets others exist.

FORT Fan

TV guide said Danny's rather tight-lipped expression in the results show had to do with the fact that someone tried a last-minute repair of the torn crotch of his pants with safety pins--- which opened, and were stabbing him. Where it counts. And he still danced magnificently.

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2476897;
    Of all the guys, Danny does seem to be the lease "masculine", but I wouldn't say he is feminine. He just seems softer than the other guys. And, it's not the ballet training. As a comparison, Neal is also ballet trained, but is as masculine as any of the B-boys. That being said, Danny is by far the most physically beautiful of all the men and is a joy to watch. However, he is somewhat aloof from both his partner and the audience. I think when he dances, he just zones into his own world and forgets others exist.
    Neal is ballet trained, I would have never known. The only guys that are "masculine" left are dtrix and hok. Pasha, Neal, and Kam may not talk "feminine" but they show some traits.

Is it me are do this show always get rid of the "feminine" dancers first.

+ Reply to Thread