+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Tidwell - Season 3

Re: Danny Tidwell - Season 3

Ah.. so you think that maybe the comments from Mia and maybe even Shane are coming from having known him before the show? Well thats not exactly fair to him, now is it? Because its tainting the way America will view him.

However it is understandable and human nature if that is why they are already bad mouthing him (in a sense bad mouthing).

I agree with Mia and Shane, he does rub me the wrong way like he's King Tut and all that, when he isn't (Personality makes a big differance)
    "Walking on poetry...she's a monologue in shakespearean tragedy"

Oh there is no doubt many of these dancers are well known to the judges. As Example, Nick Lazarini was working/dancing with Mia well before he made it on the show. Same is true with Travis, Jaime and Danny. Any of the contemporary and or hip hop dancers take classes with these people. Even though the judges may be based in LA or NYC, the travel around doing intensives in many cities.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by TNKY;2434489;
    His eyes are doing a weird squinty thing in the photo and it doesn't look good on him. In fact, they should have retouched that. Dancing was OK, and I don't think the judges were too off based in pointing out his arrogance. Even walking up to the judges I got a sense that he felt he won this and that the competition was his. Nothing wrong with thinking it, but if you outwardly display it, that's when things go wrong. I hope he's not the male dance version of Katharine McPhee.
    That would make him my favorite.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

The thing is, first impressions last a long time with people. Yes America needs to give him a chance, but this is America's FAVORITE dancer, not America's BEST dancer. You need to win votes not just by being talented, but being humble, funny, happy, having a likeable personality... and let's just see how he is when he is with a partner who isn't up to his level of talent. Let's see how he reacts to working with others. I'm looking forward to him doing disco and hip hop

FORT Newbie

I'm reminded of Ryan from last season. Ryan was a brilliant technician, probably the best on the show, but he just didn't connect with the audience and so he did not get our votes. Just from the little I saw of Danny he may have the same problem. He may be the most talented dancer on the show but if he doesn't connect with the audience he will not win.

Well I try to judge on dancing, and he should be here a while based on dancing. I think he is amazing and unless I meet him personally, I don't pretend to judge his character.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

I don't care about personality so much either, and danny is a wonderful dancer. I'd hate to see him voted off early.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and not just go off what the editing and judges were trying to do (well after my initial knee jerk reaction of ooo hate!). BUT.. I have to say that his dance and attitude last night just stunk.

That jive was slow and horrible and his legs were incredibly bowed out and wide apart. Was it because of the super tight pants? I know I'm not the only one to have noticed that?

I don't think he will get voted off first and I'm still holding out hope that he will at some point impress me.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Harmony, I felt exactly the opposite - I loved his jive! I thought he looked like he was really enjoying himself and doing a fine job. I'm no dancer, so I don't know about the technical side of the dance, but I really thought it was fast and fun and made me smile, which is what the jive is supposed to do, right?

I didn't see any traces of arrogance last night, so I'm still open to liking this guy. So far, I do.

+ Reply to Thread