+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Danny Tidwell - Season 3

Re: Danny Tidwell - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDingo;2525311;
    My two cents on Danny and why I don't like him.

$0.01) While I don't think he is (overly) arrogant, Danny just seems incredibly pretentious.

$0.02) He's a great dancer, oui, but he is just so technical that it drives me insane. I can almost hear his thoughts when he dances: "Spin three times now, leg goes here, big smile! and jump!"

My two cents are up.
    The arrogant issue is so beyonce fallin on her face, so late.

Next time you hear his thoughts tell them to Neil maybe he can become a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadee;2525384;
    The arrogant issue is so beyonce fallin on her face, so late.

Next time you hear his thoughts tell them to Neil maybe he can become a little better.
    Danny has the personality of [mod edit]. His smarmy fake smile, misogynistic cattiness, his air of disdain and superiority is like a cloud of flatulence. I'd rather watch Neil picking his toe nails than Danny dance.

He can spin. Big deal. His pairing skills are subpar, hip hop is awful, ballroom is meh and his disco was awkward and insipid. I don't know why the producers constantly "pimp" him. I've been rewatching the shows and he has the most face time of any of the male dancers. Gross. Trying to shove him down my throat, but I ain't buying.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 08-14-2007 at 12:19 PM.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I paid close attention to his speech pattern last night (what little there was of it), and I didn't hear anything effeminate. And even if I had, it wouldn't have mattered; he is excellent at the job that he is there to do. Dance!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2525585;
    I paid close attention to his speech pattern last night (what little there was of it), and I didn't hear anything effeminate.
    Funny, I did the same thing last night and came to the same conclusion. I think there is something androgenous and/or animal-like in the way he dances. He's neither male nor female. And that is what makes his dancing the most beautiful in my opinion. I'm still a Sabra fan, but I'd be very happy with a Danny win also.

Also, I noticed that Danny's "arrogance" or disconnect disappeared when Anya left the competition. I think he and Anya just might not have had a good dancing relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookipichu;2525580;
    Danny has the personality of [mod edit]. His smarmy fake smile, misogynistic cattiness, his air of disdain and superiority is like a cloud of flatulence. I'd rather watch Neil picking his toe nails than Danny dance.

I agree that Danny is NOT the best at partnering, but I think he has gotten better and learned how to relate to his partner (or at least act like he does). I would have preferred Pasha, but I do see why Danny was chosen over him - he is a terrific solo dancer and Pasha lacked a lot in that area. That being said, I do agree that Danny appears to be the "chosen" male this season. It could be that his adopted mother is in the dance field and she probably has a lot of contacts. Of the two remaining, I prefer Neil.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDingo;2525311;
    : "Spin three times now, leg goes here, big smile! and jump!"

My two cents are up.

you mad my day

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2525772;
    Also, I noticed that Danny's "arrogance" or disconnect disappeared when Anya left the competition. I think he and Anya just might not have had a good dancing relationship.
    I agree that his attitude seems modified now but in my eyes, it's like a patina over thinly veiled arrogance. More likely than not, the weeks of being in the bottom three and being told by the judges he was coming across like a tool was the compelling factor in the transformation into the new "like-me, I smile" Danny, and not the ending of his partnership with the sweet, likeable Anya.

FORT Newbie

Wow - I am stunned by the number of negative comments on this thread!
    Well, I have been a Danny fan from the beginning - he is an amazing dancer, and I never bought into the arrogance nonsense. I don't think he is, and quite frankly, I wouldn't care if he was - I am not hanging out with the man!

Anyway, I am very pleased that he has made it this far - given the unfair publicity he received at the start of the season, it is really amazing!!
    I also liked Pasha - sad to see him go. Every single one of these dancers worked hard to get to where they are - kudos to them!! Can't wait for the finale!

Quote Originally Posted by tais;2526575;
    Wow - I am stunned by the number of negative comments on this thread!
    Well, I have been a Danny fan from the beginning - he is an amazing dancer, and I never bought into the arrogance nonsense. I don't think he is, and quite frankly, I wouldn't care if he was - I am not hanging out with the man!

Anyway, I am very pleased that he has made it this far - given the unfair publicity he received at the start of the season, it is really amazing!!
    I also liked Pasha - sad to see him go. Every single one of these dancers worked hard to get to where they are - kudos to them!! Can't wait for the finale!
    Unfair publicity? He's been lauded by the judges at every turn, had the most face time, and generally edited to be as likable as possible. Any negative publicity he attained was by the fruits of his overwhelmingly pungent attitude.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

People

DANNY TIDWELL
    Hometown: Virginia Beach, Va.
    The American Ballet Theater vet, known for one-legged spins and stag leaps, has been dancing for 12 years. But when it comes to ballroom and hip-hop, he admits, "I'm not so good at that." Luckily, he has his brother Travis Wall, who was the show's season-two runner-up, to give him advice. But one area where he's a hands-down pro? "How fast I can devour chocolate," he says.

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread