Pasha Kovalev, 27, is a Latin Ballroom dancer from Fort Lee, NJ. Pasha is originally from Russia and has trained with numerous professional ballroom dancers. He has been dancing with partner Anya Garnis, also a finalist, for nine years.
1. What is your full name?
2. Do you have a nickname?
3. How old were you when you started dancing?
8 years old.
4. Do you have any formal dance training?
Did some ballet and jazz growing up.
5. If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be?
6. What other talents/hobbies do you have?
7. Who is your favorite professional dancer?
8. Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
No, I’m the first and last dancer so far.
9. Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
Lois and Lois
10. What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
I want to be become a better dancer.
11. Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
I would like to be financially independent and dance for fun, not for money.
12. What has been your most memorable dance experience?
Dancing the first time at the biggest world competition in England and getting to the finals.