+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hok Konishi - Season 3

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Hok Konishi - Season 3

Hok Konishi

Hok Konishi, 22, is a B-boy dancer from Los Angeles, CA. Born in Tokyo, Hok spent much of his youth in Oxford, England.

1. What is your full name?
    Hokuto Konishi

2. Do you have a nickname?
    Hok, Bazilisk

3. How old were you when you started to dance?
    Started dancing at age 15

4. Do you have any formal dance training?
    I attended a dance studio for 2 years. I took hip hop and lock.

5. If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be (hip hop, ballet, tap etc)?
    Hip Hop and b-boying

6. What other talents/ hobbies do you have?
    Cooking, drawing, painting, designing and violin

7. Who is your favorite professional dancer?
    Andre Fuentez, Bboy Casper, Aja, tetris

8. Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
    No

9. Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
    Vibe, All VC, Colluboration, Kollabortation, Sai-gi carnival.

10. What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
    To be able to travel around the world and show people the beauty and art of dance.

11. Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
    Married with children. Don’t know what I’ll be doing and where I will be but being able to support my family financially.

12. What has been your most memorable dance experience?
    The whole experience I’ve had so far with SYTYCD.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 06-18-2007 at 04:28 AM.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Hok Konishi - Season 3

That's a British accent? It totally sounded Australian to me!

Either way, Hok can DANCE! He's got such a huge fan base already, I think it's all but impossible for him NOT to be in the final four. And he's enough of a fantastic dancer I wouldn't have a problem with that.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

I wondered what his accent was, too. It didn't sound British to me, compared to Cat and Nigel, but it is divine, whatever it is!

I really do like Hok, but I think he's getting a whole lot of enthusiastic support simply because of what happened last season with his visa and all. Dance-wise, he's only average, if that, in every other genre that we've seen him attempt other than his specialty. In breaking, he's superb, no doubt about it. I'm just not sure about him being top 4 material... though I do really like him and hope he proves me wrong about the other dance genres.

i love love love hok -- hoping he gets in the top 4 at least -- and i'll take a win for him LOL the boy can dance and has a great personality -- thats not annoying -- i can see him getting a great fan base to keep him coming back each week
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

FORT Fanatic

The guy is absolutely awesome at his style. I just wonder how well he'll do in ballroom or lyrical. I have to agree that so far I don't see variety in what he can do. Hopefully he will shock us.

It's obviously unclear how he handles other styles, but he is the most entertaining solo dancer on the show and I think his solo will be able to save him many times even if he ends up at the bottom of the voting.

I am so happy that he made it this time. I knew he had a British accent, I just couldn't place where it was from
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Kao

Absolutely yummy. Can't wait to see him perform in the other genres!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I love and adore this guy!

I do realize, like AI, this show is a popularity driven show and Hok is at a definite advantage over some of the other contestants. I can't wait to see him dance other styles though!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2434841;
    I love and adore this guy!

I do realize, like AI, this show is a popularity driven show and Hok is at a definite advantage over some of the other contestants. I can't wait to see him dance other styles though!

Love Hok, too, and recognize the edit bias, too.

But I really like how SYTYCD operates in the first half (assuming it's the same as last year), how they take the bottom three couples based on U.S. votes and then let the judges choose which male & female from the bottom three couples goes home.

That way a great dancer won't necessarily get cut at the outset just because the U.S. hasn't gotten to know them yet, and even if a fan fave manages to wind up in 3rd-to-last position with their partner, they still aren't totally safe (like Musa- he was great with what he did but he needed to go home before the top 10, and the judges made sure he did).

You can bet if Idol ran the same way, Sanjaya and Phil would have been gone a lot sooner.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast