+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hok Konishi - Season 3

FORT Newbie

Re: Hok Konishi - Season 3

It's interesting that people in this thread are so harsh to Hok but not in the discussion thread. He was not good at Samba but definitely not as bad as Cedric last week. Faina is a very good ballroom dancer, that's why the Foxtrot went smoothly. But when I watched Cedric...it was terrible. He looked lost, confused, not sure about the next step and had littile connection with his partner. On the controry, Hok managed to catch up with the music and made a somewhat good performance.

I agree that Hok and Jaime should have been in the bottom 3 because most couples did quite well last week. But he certainly did much better than Cedric. And his solo was much fun to watch (at least for me. and maybe many others?).

Quote Originally Posted by spaceegg;2451028;
    It's interesting that people in this thread are so harsh to Hok but not in the discussion thread. He was not good at Samba but definitely not as bad as Cedric last week. Faina is a very good ballroom dancer, that's why the Foxtrot went smoothly. But when I watched Cedric...it was terrible. He looked lost, confused, not sure about the next step and had littile connection with his partner. On the controry, Hok managed to catch up with the music and made a somewhat good performance.

I agree that Hok and Jaime should have been in the bottom 3 because most couples did quite well last week. But he certainly did much better than Cedric. And his solo was much fun to watch (at least for me. and maybe many others?).
    spaceegg!

I totally agree Hok is better than Cedric at both his solo performances and his partnering! I like Hok!

I just don't like that he and Jaime can deliver one of the worst performances of the evening and not have to worry about being in the bottom three. Okay- maybe they DO worry about it- they did look relieved- but most of us watching know that his fanbase is too sizable to let him down this early. It seems very unfair to me.

Even if Cedric & Faina's was worse, there's no question for me that Hok & Jaime were next in line. Hok kept up with the music and gave it all he had as a performance, but it didn't at all capture the feel of the samba, and he and his partner looked pretty awkward, like they didn't know how to dance as a couple (maybe I am a little harsher since I perform & teach swing, latin, and ballroom).
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I've got no problem with fanbases keeping favorites around past a subpar performance. Personality is very important.

And, from watching AI and SYTYCD in the past, personality is enough for a couple subpar performances but it catches up to them.

That said, I thought Hok did a very nice job with Samba. It may not have been technically correct to Samba, but it was certainly entertaining and looked like Samba to a non-professional.

Wasn't as good as Jesus/Chuy's ballroom, but I think Hok and Dominik are talented dancers outside of Hip Hop. I like how they feel the music and sell the dances. They may not be technically accurate ballroom dancers, ever, but if I enjoy the dance that the choreographer gives them, I am happy. I want Hok in the top ten, and think he deserves it.

I totally get why Pasha and Jessi and Shauna and Jimmy were in the bottom 3. I knew it was Shauna and Jimmy and Cedric and Faina, but as soon as they scanned the first group, I had a feeling it would be Pasha and Jessi as everyone else stood out more.

I think Hok silenced a lot of critics last night with that totally amazing routine - both he and Jamie were superb! And of course, Wade is genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;2454533;
    I think Hok silenced a lot of critics last night with that totally amazing routine - both he and Jamie were superb! And of course, Wade is genius!
    That Hummingbird routine was SUPERB!!!!!!!!

That routine more than made up for the samba. And I love that he admits the samba wasn't all that great. I feel validated in my opinion

But I can just erase that from my mind, because the Hummingbird/Flower piece was absolutely gorgeous. Yes, Wade choreographed to their strengths, as I feel the choreographers SHOULD do as long as it doesn't sacrifice the style entirely (like Cedric's "foxtrot"). But that doesn't mean it was a piece of cake for them- they were executing some moves that were close to impossible, and both Hok and Jaime showed such grace, style, and control- they were dancing with their entire bodies from start to finish.

Add me to the Hok bandwagon. He can grow in his Latin/ballroom along the road, and I hope he does. The guy is genius.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Hok was totally amazing to see live. I don't think I could have better routine to actually be there for. His art work was spectacular as well...there was an audible gasp from my section of the audience when we saw how spectacular his drawings were.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Newbie

i'm so glad that hok/jaimie pulled a wade routine out of the hat. i was starting to worry about them because they didn't do a great samba. they danced that choreography sooo well! i loved every moment of it. and i'm so jealous jluvs that you got to see it live!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

That was an absolutely beautiful routine! That's one I'll definitely keep on my computer!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Newbie

Great routine which was perfect for them. One of the routines that is truly memorable. Good for them and the choreography.

Rich

FORT Newbie

Wade is brilliant. They got lucky, but they also rose to the occasion beautifully.

It was probably my favorite piece ever on the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast