+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Neil Haskell - Season 3

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Neil Haskell - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by TymeMarteen;2467946;
    i just think it's funny that someone said the gymnastics weren't dancing, as if they wrote the book on what is dance. last i heard dance was movement in succession with a beat, which Neil did. not to mention Neil threw in fuetes (the spins on one foot, which are not easy) and actually put together a comprehensive routine. Dominic on the other hand has shown that spinning on his hands is about all he can do. and incorporating neil's gymnastic movements in partnering is the choreographer's fault not his.
    Amen. And let's not forget that the judges were really impressed with Neil's solo. The girls got chewed out for just dancing around. I think it's a safe bet that the judges are a lot more qualified to determine who did well and who didn't than most of the posters here.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Looking forward to tomorrow nights performances. Go Neil!!!

I agree with what you guys say about his solo, the movement was phenomenal (sp?)
    I'm waiting for Neil to get the respect he deserves
    Unfortunately, 2 out of 3 of his routines have been ballroom and Neil is a pretty mediocre ballroom dancer
    But seriously, why is he considered such a weak dancer?
    He is a mediocre ballroom dancer, but even some of the front runners have their weak genres
    People might read this and think "oh how could Neil be compared to Hok", but how is Hok considered so much better than Neil
    Hok is just as bad, if not worse at ballroom and he excels at Hip Hop just the way Neil excels at contemporary
    And they both nailed something out of their genre, Neil nailed hip hop and Hok nailed the pop/jazz routine
    So how are they considered on two completely different levels?
    Maybe it's just that Neil has suffered 2 ballroom routines while Hok has suffered only one
    As far as I'm concerned, Cedric is by far the weakest link, as you all know
    Great hip hop dancer, but basically falls flat in any other genre
    Cedric is on a level way below everyone else and it is hard to say there is any other weak link while Cedric is in the competition
    But still, if someone has any idea why Hok is considered this "unbelievable dancer" and Neil is this "weak link" please post and explain it to me because I JUST DON'T GET IT!
    But it's too bad Lauren stayed to jeopardize Neil, the only thing she has going for her is that she's hot
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;2468188;
    But it's too bad Lauren stayed to jeopardize Neil, the only thing she has going for her is that she's hot
    I like both Lauren and Neil and I think the exact opposite of this. I think Neil's partnering skills have hindered Lauren. I just think they need something outside of ballroom.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Neil was so great last night! Loved him! I don't know how many times I had to rewatch their routine. Of course, how lucky could they have been to have gotten that routine? But they did very well!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Right before the show started, my friend and I were discussing the fact that Neil had such potential but has not yet lived up to it. I said, "He needs a Wade routine!" And then he had one! A fantastic and fun routine danced with charisma and talent - I loved it and it proved to me why he has remained, despite his previous lackluster performances, on my top 10 list for the guys. Hope he can keep it up. I'd rather see him with another partner, though, as I am not a huge fan of Lauren. Or should I call her by her asian identity, Mischa?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

LOVED Neil (and Lauren) last night!

Anybody know where I can get those red & white shoes he was wearing!!

Wade Robson is not only dayem good looking, but the man is a fantastic choreographer.

If Neil/Lauren end up in the bottom three this week, there is something seriously wrong going on!

FORT Newbie

Wade is brilliant. I think there should be a handicap put on any couple who has him as a choreographer. I can't think of a single time that Wade choreographed a routine, that everyone did not flip out of it.

I'm so glad he has started to choreograph for individual couples this year. (Last year, he just did the group routines, if I am remembering correctly, specifically the Zombie Routine and the Sexy Black Routine.)

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;2471208;
    If Neil/Lauren end up in the bottom three this week, there is something seriously wrong going on!
    They got Wade and the last dance spot. They're not going to be anywhere near the bottom.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;2467958;
    I think it's a safe bet that the judges are a lot more qualified to determine who did well and who didn't than most of the posters here.
    Based on the elimination of Jessi, I'm not sure I can agree with you on that one.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread