+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 6/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 6/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7;2433606;
    So there is about 2 male break dancers, 1 or 2 male ballroom dancers, and the rest are contemporary/lyrical. 1 female break dancer, 2 female ballroom dancers, actually 3 if you count Lacey (Benji's sister who we all knew was going to make it), and the rest were contemporary/lyrical.

I really wanted the girl with the prosthetic to make it but . There is really no one that stands out yet.

I think the breakdown is this...
    2 Male Breakdancer/B-boys
    1 Male Hip Hop Dancer
    1 Male Ballroom Dancer
    6 Male Contemporary Dancers
    3 Female Ballroom Dancers
    1 Female Breakdancer/B-girl
    1 Female Hip Hop/Contemporary Dancer
    5 Female Contemporary Dancers

It is similar to last year's breakdown. Except last year we had 3 male Ballroom dancers and 1 female Ballroom Dancer (Stanislav, Dmitry, Benji, Heidi), this year it is the opposite gender-wise (Anya, Faina, Lacey, Pasha).

In addition to that a lot of parallels.

Cedric = Ivan
    Sara = Ashlee Nino
    Lauren = Donyelle
    Hok/Dominic = Musa
    Jamie = Alison
    Jessi = Natalie
    Danny = Travis
    etc.

What's the technical difference between a hip hopper and a breakdancer? The amount of time they spend spinning on the floor?

HH/B styles look similar enough to me that I tend to lump them together. I wonder how old the average audience/voter is? If it's higher than teens/early twenties, this confusion may come into play in the voting and fan base.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by user name;2433444;
    Regardless of how good this guy may be, he needs to learn some humility. People won't respond to this type of arrogance.
    I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt until I see more of him. He looked like a wonderful dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2434151;
    I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt until I see more of him. He looked like a wonderful dancer.
    Yeah me too. I didn't really see the arrogance until the he was on stage for the final 20 cut. And even then it didn't seem that bad to me. Once he left the stage, on his way to rejoin the group, he did show excitement then. May be he thought it was best to stay cool, calm and collected in front of the judges.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

So far my 2 least favorites are the 1st guy through (was he a ballet dancer) with the attitude... and Lacey Schwimmer.
    Personally I don't "get" Lacey, and I think she should have waited one more year - to distance herself from the Benji hysteria AND to take another year training in different styles.

I'm not sure who my favorites are for the girls.... maybe the baby oil girl with the beautiful eyes and long brown hair??
    For the guys my favorites are Jesus (liked him from the first audition), and Mia's guy... don't know his name... who they said was "odd" - he has dark hair and was wearing a white tshirt.

I hope some of the people they told to come back actually DO come back next year. Look at Hok & Jesus. They both show that coming back can pay off.

Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE this show??

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancefun;2433561;
    This is a 'reality show' and if you look back over the show you will realize that they actually showed you nothing to lead you to think that Danny has an attitude.
    The only reason to think he has an attitude is because the judges told you SO. They know he is an amazing dancer and they are trying to get the show to be more exciting by throwing this out there so that Danny will not be a shoe in from the beginning.
    Just watching him do the repeat split-leaps (at least that's what I'm calling them) when he returned to the room with the rest of the contestants was enough for me! He not only kept doing them, but the heights he repeatedly attained were unbelievable!! Totally amazing!! I can see why he would have some arrogance; his physical skills are outrageous! Hopefully, if he is arrogant as some have said...and I haven't seen any of it...outside of the fact that he didn't giggle, scream, and fall down and roll all over the floor when told he was being put through like it seemed they expected everybody to do...that may change with maturity. I think this young man has worked very hard to get where he is, and I applaud him. Not everyone grovels when it is thought that they should; why is groveling thought of as such a positive? Maybe confidence is being interpreted as "attitude"?

Personally, I've always thought that Mia had some jealousy issues, like when that girl (was her name Michele? Season 1, I think, when she was the runner-up) kept doing that incredible leg extension in her dances. Mia couldn't stand that, and it really showed. For me, that was nothing but jealousy. Mia finally relented and told her to go on and do it, because she did it so well.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by user name;2433444;
    Regardless of how good this guy may be, he needs to learn some humility. People won't respond to this type of arrogance.
    Sure they will - Blake made it to Top 3 in S1 and he was waaaayyyy more arrogant.

when that girl (was her name Michele?
    Melanie

Ricky is amazing. Plus he's cute and quirky. I like him.

I also like the ballroom girls Anya and Faina
    Last edited by MiaT2; 06-08-2007 at 05:53 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

FORT Fogey

anybody know the name of the song HOK did his 1st solo on in vegas?

I'm with holding picking a favorite until I see a couple of actual dances. I was predispose to dislike Danny but then I realized that I was probably being manipulated by the editing. So, I have decided to give him the benefit of the doubt as well and wait and see.

Although I did sort of like Lauren's personality and Hok's dancing.

The judges are choreographers and dancers not actors. They seemed really annoyed with Travis' brother in that tight-lipped way that is hard to ignore. My guess is that the editing was in his favor and they didn't show his diva moments. Regardless - time will tell.

Has the deck been stacked in favor of the women this season? It sounded like many of the men were put through with some reluctance. How many times did we hear "one trick pony" last night?

I too was sorry to see Lacey put through.

+ Reply to Thread