+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SYTYCD Season 3 **Spoilers**

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

SYTYCD Season 3 **Spoilers**

Ok...well, just like with AI, I have come across some information and thought I would start a thread so if anyone else found any information they could safely post the spoilers here!

I have read that Lacey Schwimmer does make it into the Top 20. Other names being mentioned in quite a few places are:

Hok (or Hawk, however you want to spell it! )
    Jaimie Goodwin
    Sophia Agular
    Danny Tidwell

Now, one interesting tidbit of information:
    Danny Tidwell is Travis Wall's adopted brother! Travis' mom adopted Danny when he was younger. No one may suspect that they are brothers since Danny is African American!

Since AI is off, I guess I'll have to devote some sleuthing time to SYTYCD!

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Re: SYTYCD Season 3 **Spoilers**

Pics of Danny:

Pic of Jaimie:

No pic of Sophia yet though I have read she danced backup for both Beyonce and K-Fed ( )

Link Here

LOS ANGELES Scottish Highland dancing was the genre as a young woman displayed a finger positioning known as the stag's head.

So You Think You Can Dance judge Nigel Lythgoe quickly dunked her into Loch Ness. "You lost that technique. Halfway through, you started doing Highland duck."

The performance was symptomatic of a weak showing at the Orpheum Theatre in one of four audition cities for Dance, which kicks off its third season tonight (Fox, 8 ET/PT).

Auditions were "terrific," however, in New York, which will be featured tonight, says Lythgoe, executive producer of Dance and American Idol. Los Angeles and Chicago will be featured Wednesday (8 ET/PT) and Atlanta next Thursday (9 ET/PT), when Dance moves to its regular time slots.

What L.A. lacked in skill, it made up for in intelligence, with a rocket scientist, a geneticist and a lawyer auditioning. "I said, 'Your school system must be fantastic. It spends a fortune to turn you into something, and then you go give it all up to dance,' " says Englishman Lythgoe, who started out as a dancer.

Background stories, personality and charisma count in Dance, the Idol-like (and non-star) dancing contest that was last summer's top show among young adults and averaged nearly 10 million viewers overall.

In L.A., the judges, Lythgoe and choreographers Mary Murphy and Wade Robson, commented almost as frequently about dancers' emotions as they did on technique.

Cat Deeley, who returns as host, says auditioners now realize the show is looking for "America's favorite dancer," not necessarily its best one. Fans get to vote for contenders once Dance gets to its top 20.

"Now, straight from the auditions, they're bringing their personalities to the camera," she says. "It's predominantly a reality show with the theme of dance running through it."

Nevertheless, the sharp-tongued Lythgoe says dancers must display precision. "I think people have gotten it into their heads now that you have to have some kind of training or be brilliant before you come to us, although the delusional still come to us."

The overweight need not apply, either. "I'm amazed at the amount of fat people who come," he says. "When the music stops, you expect them to stop. You don't expect the body bobbles to go on for 30 seconds."

The auditions featured many characters, including a ballroom dancer who had been hiccupping for seven years, Lythgoe says. Each time, his partner winked.

At the end of the Las Vegas round, where the 10 male and 10 female finalists are picked, "He'd stopped hiccupping. He said, 'You frighten me.' So I stopped him." (Does that mean he made it through to the Top 20? )

In addition to ballroom, hip-hop and salsa dancers, Lythgoe says auditioners included "a couple of brokeback cowboys," numerous cloggers and a male belly dancer.

Fans of last year's winner, Benji Schwimmer, and runner-up, Travis Wall, will like a couple of this year's choices: Schwimmer's sister and Wall's brother, "both exceptionally good dancers," Lythgoe says.

Schwimmer, who performed in a Christina Aguilera video, received $100,000, a new car and a part in Celine Dion's Las Vegas show. The cash prize this season is $250,000.

With auditions up and some top-notch tryouts, winning the prize may be harder, Lythgoe says. "Our expectations are rising."

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Thanks, bama.

Woo-hoo about Hawk!

I know Lacy was featured during the auditions, but what about Danny and Jaime? I'm not recognizing either of those names.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Thanks from me too, bbnbama!
    I'm not surprised that Hawk will make the top 20... I thought the story was that he was chosen form the top 20 last year, and only his lack of a work visa kept him out... Benji got in as an alternate as Hawk's replacement. That is what I remember anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2429129;
    Thanks, bama.

Woo-hoo about Hawk!

I know Lacy was featured during the auditions, but what about Danny and Jaime? I'm not recognizing either of those names.
    I don't think either of them were featured during the audition process. They might be shown in Vegas.

Thanks for the scoop, bbnbama!

I'm glad Hawk makes it this time...but I don't recognize Danny and Jaime's names either. And I wasn't terribly impressed with Benji's sister, but we'll see.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2429064;
    No pic of Sophia yet though I have read she danced backup for both Beyonce and K-Fed ( )
    Not exactly something I'd want on MY resume. Maybe that's just me.

Jaime comes from Travis's mother's studio... she competed there and most recently won many overall titles on the east coast. There is a Sophie A. who is a professional dancer... I wonder if this is the same girl?
    Tahoe bound....

The football player turned dancer's myspace:

Myles Johnson's Myspace **love the piano music playing on his page**

Mikey Keefe: The cute "kid" (who's now 20) who almost made the cut last year...it came down to him and Ryan and Ryan was picked....well, according to things I've been reading...he's back again this year and supposedly made it to Vegas but don't know if he made the Top 20 this year...

Pics of him (from last year) to jog your memory:

Also:
    Olivia Usey...the girl who tried out for SYTYCD because her mom found out she had cancer and wanted her to audition....seems she's appeared on Rachel Ray's show before.....she got a "interesting" graduation present...
    Rachel Ray

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast