+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: SYTYCD Season 3 **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: SYTYCD Season 3 **Spoilers**

would there be a Dialidol ?

I wonder if the dancers are paired up by the "producers" and stick with that partner a while like last season, OR if the pairings are random each week like in season 1.

Not sure which I'd prefer.

Hok is my fav guy so far and Faina is my fav girl. Although I don't really remember who everyone is by name yet.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79
    ...Yup, the the show is taped on mondays and thursdays. I'm going to the taping next monday... yea! ...
    We'd LOVE to hear how it goes and look forward to your comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer
    Sorry, I'm too lazy to figure it out--which one of these people is Jesus? (Let the Jesus jokes begin ...) I don't recognize his name or nickname in your list.
    Jesús = Chuy. I wonder if they'll start introducing him as Chuy because everything on the official site refers to him as Jesús.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2439154;
    would there be a Dialidol ?
    Possibly, but no discussion of it here at FORT, please.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I've read that Wade Robson choreographed the result show group routine!

I've also read that Brian Friedman won't be on the show this year...he's going to be one of the judges for the X-Factor!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'll be sure to report on the show after monday's tapings. It appears that it is filmed in the saw studio as DWTS, I was able to go to that taping too. It will be interesting to see just how big the stage is and compare the layouts.

Looking forward to Wade's choreography.

No loss if Brian doesn't come back... rather have Wade any day.
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2439870;
    I'll be sure to report on the show after monday's tapings. It appears that it is filmed in the saw studio as DWTS, I was able to go to that taping too. It will be interesting to see just how big the stage is and compare the layouts.

How are you getting tickets to see these shows?

There is a website online that has tickets for all types of shows (free) and you register. Every time you get tickets you go to the bottom of the list and have to resign up, but I usually get tickets 3 or 4 times for each season.
    It is: On Camera Audiences - The official ticket source for your favorite shows

There are tickets for AI,DWTS, SYTYCD, Leno, etc...
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Newbie

^I went to see a few tapings last summer when I was in LA and I had such a blast, it was so amazing.

On the results show night they taped the musical guest performance about 2 hours before the show went live, so they were calling people from the audience up to do dances and contests to keep everyone entertained for those 2 hours, and I was wearing a shirt that said "I Can Be Your Private Dancer" so they called me up and I got to do a solo on the stage! It was so amazing, I had such a blast, and everyone saw me in the audience right behind Cat! You'll have an amazing time. I didn't know it taped in the same place as DWTS though. And the stage is actually much smaller than it appears on TV. Be sure to go SUPER early so you can get a good place in line...even if you're right at the front, they let in a gigantic group of contest winners and relatives and so on in first.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Hopefully skyhigh79 can report more since she went but this is what I've seen so far....

The judging panel was Nigel, Mary, and Mia.

This is the order they danced:

1. Neil & Lauren :: Hip-Hop (choreographed by Dave Scott-worked with Shane Sparks on "You got Served")
    The judges liked Neil more than Lauren because he had better tricks.

2. Pasha & Jessi :: Jazz (Tyce)
    It was more African-styled. Judges really liked it. And Pasha actually did really well.

3. Hok & Jaimie :: Samba
    Neither were great. It was a good performance, but the technique wasn't there. Hok definitely wasn't in his element.

4. D-Trix & Sabra :: Contemporary
    Really, really good. D-Trix showed that he deserved to be there.

5. Cedric & Faina :: Foxtrot
    Wasn't that good. Mia mentioned that behind Ricky, Cedric was her favorite male dancer. Faina was pretty good, but Cedric didn't look confident and like a bad Michael Jackson, or something along those lines. The judges kept saying "if you're still around next week...", so that's not a good sign for them.

6. Kameron & Lacey :: Broadway (Tyce; 'All That Jazz')
    Mia wanted more pizazz. Other judges really liked it. They were definitely the favorite couple in the studio.

7. Danny & Anya :: Viennese Waltz
    All the judges really liked it. Something about you can tell they're professionals. They did really, really well.

8. Jimmy & Shauna :: Hip-Hop (Dave Scott)
    Judges said Jimmy outperformed Shauna again. Both were good, and it was a lot of fun.

9. Jesús & Sara :: Paso Doble (done to 'We Will Rock You' )
    Jesús looked amazing and like he was supposed to be doing that dance. Sara was really good for not having any training.

- Judges were asked who the weakest couple was, and they all said Cedric & Faina.
    - Mia said something about how America put the three best male dancers in the bottom three last week.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Oooo, good stuff. I'm stoked that Jesus and Sara do well.

Thanks for posting it, bama!

+ Reply to Thread