+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: SYTYCD Season 3 **Spoilers**

Re: SYTYCD Season 3 **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Kepi37;2438439;
    I think (but not sure and could be totallywrong) that it is the opposite way, the couples perform, the judges decide the bottom three couples, then the bottom 6 do their solo and then we vote wed night and the decision is told thursday, the only reason I think this cause then the public would actually then choose who is "America's fave dancer" not the judges but only time will tell (aka tomorrow!!!)
    No, the audience vote decides the bottom three then the judges choose the boot. This is to ensure that the best dancers aren't kicked early. This format changes to audience-only vote around the top 10 or so.

Premium Member

SPOILER

Ah, yes, it’s that time of year again when the little birdies come out and tell us what happened on So You Think You Can Dance since it is taped on Monday. Here’s what to expect tonight Wednesday:

1. Anya & Danny — Jive
    2. Pasha & Jessi — Smooth Waltz
    3. Neil & Lauren — Club Salsa
    4. Chuy & Sara — Pop Jazz
    5. Cedric & Faina — Hip Hop
    6. Jaimie & Hok — Hip Hop
    7. Sabra & D-trix — Disco
    8. Shauna & Jimmy — Broadway
    9. Lacey & Kameron — Contemporary
    10. Ashlee & Ricky — Argentine Tango (Apparently, very bad)

This is according to Rickeys

What does everyone else think of these pairings good/not good?

Will be interesting to see!

Yup, the the show is taped on mondays and thursdays. I'm going to the taping next monday... yea!

So I'll try to keep track of who does what.

Wanted to see Lauren and Neil do contemporary...
    Tahoe bound....

Premium Member

Hey skyhigh when you see the show On Monday do you think you can recap it for us next week tell us what they danced and how the judges responded. Thanks and I hope you have a great time

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;2438943;
    SPOILER

Ah, yes, it’s that time of year again when the little birdies come out and tell us what happened on So You Think You Can Dance since it is taped on Monday. Here’s what to expect tonight Wednesday:

1. Anya & Danny — Jive
    2. Pasha & Jessi — Smooth Waltz
    3. Neil & Lauren — Club Salsa
    4. Chuy & Sara — Pop Jazz
    5. Cedric & Faina — Hip Hop
    6. Jaimie & Hok — Hip Hop
    7. Sabra & D-trix — Disco
    8. Shauna & Jimmy — Broadway
    9. Lacey & Kameron — Contemporary
    10. Ashlee & Ricky — Argentine Tango (Apparently, very bad)

This is according to Rickeys

What does everyone else think of these pairings good/not good?
    Thanks for the rundown. Clearly, some of the pairings are lucky because at least one person in the couple is an "expert" in that dance. Will be interesting to see Faina do Hip Hop--wonder if she can pull it off? Lacey doing Mia contemporary? Yikes ...

Sorry, I'm too lazy to figure it out--which one of these people is Jesus? (Let the Jesus jokes begin ...) I don't recognize his name or nickname in your list.
    Last edited by ChicagoViewer; 06-13-2007 at 12:48 PM.

Premium Member

I hear Lacey and Kameron do fairly well, although they said Kameron looked more like a prop for Lacey, they say Lauren and Neil had no chemistry

I bet the dancers that either didn't have relatives from last year or were not featured much this time will probably be out first too bad ( ie Sabra, Sara)

Premium Member

I think Chuy is Jesus D-Trix is Dominic so I think thats the only one with a different name then the contestant and he is dancing with Sara who I do not know well.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superfly;2438751;
    No, the audience vote decides the bottom three then the judges choose the boot. This is to ensure that the best dancers aren't kicked early. This format changes to audience-only vote around the top 10 or so.
    I'm pretty new to SYTYCD this year, so I appreciate this info. I wish AI would adopt this format. Sounds a lot like "Grease: You're the One That I Want." But from what I hear, the AI producers liked the publicity that Antonella and Sanjaya got. Heck, The Soup (From E! TV) had a bit that included Sanjaya in the last couple of weeks. If Sanjaya got the boot when he should have, then he wouldn't have been newsworthy enough to use, and AI would have missed out on some free PR.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;2439024;
    I bet the dancers that either didn't have relatives from last year or were not featured much this time will probably be out first too bad ( ie Sabra, Sara)
    Definitely possible, but of the ones who do have some connection--Lacey, Danny and Faina, off the top of my head--really, the only one who comes across as personable and reasonably humble is Faina. I think Lacey and Danny may be gone pretty quick unless a more relatable personality comes forward. Based on how she's been featured so far, Lacey seems "entitled" (although she never said that) and Danny seems arrogant (enforced by the judges' comments).

Premium Member

I think Lacey is being portrayed that way but I don't think she feels entitled I noticed when everyone was coming back after they heard whether they made the top twenty or not she was hugging and talking to everyone and the other dancers seem to like her I know she and Hok and Jaime hang out together

As for Danny yes he is a talented dancer (but maybe Travis his adopted brother will try to tell him to take the chip off his shoulder)

I understand tonite, Benji, Donyelle, Travis, Alison, Dmitry are in the audience tonite woohoo.

Probably Benji will dance at the beginning of the show just like Nick Lazzarini did before season 2 since he was last year's winner.

Should be a good nite

Ricky and Ashlee don't do so great (I think Ricky is a nice guy but he is a bit of weird one LOL)

+ Reply to Thread