+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SYTYCD Season 3 **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: SYTYCD Season 3 **Spoilers**

Lauren & Neil! That's so exciting, they're both fabulous and so cute! I can't wait to see how they perform together. Lauren is my favourite dancer so far this season and I hope she wins. Having connections with the choreographers was never an issue with Blake (Brian choreographed Britney Spears' Onyx Hotel Tour that Blake was a dancer for.) They never even mentioned that.

I can't believe they put Lacey in the top 20. I personally didn't care for her at all...they didn't show any of her work in Vegas - it's too obvious she's only in the top 20 because of political reasons. I hated Benji and I am going to be really upset if people vote for her simply because she's related. I really think they should have put Janet (the girl with the prosthetic arm) in the top 20 instead - she was a great dancer and had such a zest for life. I really hope she comes back.

Can't wait for Wednesday!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

More info I've seen:

Shauna/Jesus danced to "Ease on down the Road" from The Wiz...they dressed in "old people's clothes"....judges liked it but Nigel fussed because Shauna's outfit made her look "frumpy"

Judges comments I've seen (BTW, judges are Nigel, Mary and Dan Karaty):

They liked Hok

They said that Kameron did good with Lacey but that he seemed like a "prop" with her because apparently she must move around alot in the routine

They didn't care for Ashlee and Ricky's routine....they said it lacked "heat"

They loved Jessie and Pasha's routine....

They said that Lauren and Neil were lacking "chemistry"

In DTrix and Sabra's routine, they did the final lift that's in the Dirty Dancing movie. Also, it was mentioned that Sabra had only been dancing for 4 years. If I remember correctly, in DTrix's bio it mentioned something about him not dancing for very long either.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Sabra is from Vegas and yes it is true, she hasn't been dancing very long. She is well liked in Vegas. My Vegas source says that she was one of the ones ( or maybe they were all done this way) who got a call well after the vegas round and told she was in the top 20. She had 4 or 5 days to come up with all her 30 second solos routines complete with music and costumes so that the producers could approve or disapprove of them prior to having to "dance for her life".

She is truly an unknown in the dance world... that makes her all the more interesting to watch as the season progresses.
    Tahoe bound....

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Jessie and Pasha's dance was to Norah Jones "Come Away with me"

Anya and Danny's jive was to Avril Lavinge's "Girlfriend"

Lots of previous contestants were in the audience...sitting in the row behind the choreographers: Benji, Donyelle, Travis, Ivan, Joy, Dmitry, Jason, Ben, Allison, Ryan C (Hok's buddy).
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Okay. So, it's been a long time since last season. How do they do the eliminations? By couples or individuals?

FORT Newbie

^After the show Wednesday night the 3 couples with the lowest votes will be performing solos on Thursday night. Then judges then decide which guy and which girl of those 3 couples should leave the competition.

Dmitry! Was his shirt on or off? HEH Sorry couldn't resist.

Can't wait, the pairing for the most part sound interesting. So they have two doing hip hop and the rest doing completely different things? Nice, really nice /sarcasm. So how are you supposed to compare and contrast anyways? At least have more doing the same sort of dances ugh.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Thanks, Bretney. I couldn't remember how they did it last year.

Beautyisnotcaused, It is! Kepi37's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bretney;2437862;
    ^After the show Wednesday night the 3 couples with the lowest votes will be performing solos on Thursday night. Then judges then decide which guy and which girl of those 3 couples should leave the competition.
    I think (but not sure and could be totallywrong) that it is the opposite way, the couples perform, the judges decide the bottom three couples, then the bottom 6 do their solo and then we vote wed night and the decision is told thursday, the only reason I think this cause then the public would actually then choose who is "America's fave dancer" not the judges but only time will tell (aka tomorrow!!!)

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. I remember loving the format last year until the final ten or so, when it became voting-based only. I liked how the judges, all of whom seem to know what they're doing, got to weed out the weaker dancers, so that it wasn't a simple popularity contest. When they shifted to vote-based outcomes, I remember feeling very annoyed.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread