+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 5/31 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/31 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Bearcata: I agree about the football dad. I think he was trying to live his life through his son. He had the 'perfect' son and now he doesn't. Why? Because he wears a leotard instead of shoulder pads? Big deal. I'd rather have that than a kid in and out of jail, hooked on drugs, or just laying around the house all day. At least the boy has ambition.

The girl you mentioned...the one being scammed...I have a friend who 'thinks' she can sing. She sounds like two alley cats going at it but she thinks she sounds like Whitney Houston... Some people just don't have a realistic view of themselves.

These audition shows are pitiful. I think they could reduce this to one show. I'm so ready to move on.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2426569;
    I can just see all the respect the school teacher will have from his students in class now.
    I hate to think of ribbing he is going to get from other people that teachers as well.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar

Speaking of the The Clogger, he was awesome!!!

I hope the next set of episodes are short and we go to top twenty already.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2426755;
    I agree about the football dad. I think he was trying to live his life through his son. He had the 'perfect' son and now he doesn't. Why? Because he wears a leotard instead of shoulder pads? Big deal. I'd rather have that than a kid in and out of jail, hooked on drugs, or just laying around the house all day. At least the boy has ambition.
    That football dad made me soooo mad! His "I had everything and now that's all gone" speach was pathetic. Um Dad? YOU have a son who seems to be a good kid, and loves to dance. Why are you counting on your son to play football to make you happy? Live your OWN life... and support your children in whatever they do.

I loved the clogger. I was expecting boredom, but he was very unexpected.
    I hope that Shane gets the robot dancer a bit in that movie.

Yay, Las Vegas here we come! I can't imagine how hard it is going to be to whittle the 200 dancers down to 10 guys and 10 girls! The preview said that at the end of next week we would have our Top 20.

FORT Fogey

i sooo wanted to get inside the tv and slap the ballet dancer for his comments. He probably thought his boy is gay, which is a stereotype of male ballet dancers ,which is false.

I too am sooo disgusted with football/ballet boy's dad. I mean, here is a kid who made it to Vegas after the choreography part so he obviously has skills, raw but definitely there. All he is asking for is some support and love.

And then you have this sad excuse for a father who is moaning and sniffling that his son is not playing football any longer and watching old game video.

Who's the REAL man here folks?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;2427185;
    I too am sooo disgusted with football/ballet boy's dad. I mean, here is a kid who made it to Vegas after the choreography part so he obviously has skills, raw but definitely there. All he is asking for is some support and love.

And then you have this sad excuse for a father who is moaning and sniffling that his son is not playing football any longer and watching old game video.
    Hold the phone a sec: after he made Vegas wasn't that his father he called and who congratulated him?

They played up the "I don't want my boy doing no sissy dancing" angle for the show, but there's nothing to indicate that the father isn't supporting the audition process. Remember that the interviews would have been made between the initial signups and the day that the boy danced, so they didn't know if the kid was going to go through or not.

BTW, while I normally don't like the "we're going to fool you and make you think you're not going but then sandbag you" method of revealing things, Shane really did a masterful job of slipping that Vegas reference in there.

Calling it right now, that first girl Caitlin will be the best dancer this season. Not saying she will win though, just like Allison didn't win last year despite being the best dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;2427185;

Who's the REAL man here folks?!
    I agree that the dad appears to be sadly sucking up reflected glory from his son's football years, BUT that doesn't mean he doesn't want what's best for the son. He didn't make it to Vegas on his dance skills and he will NEVER make it past Vegas. The judges made that clear. They only put him through to the choreography round out of pity "for the experience" and carried that pity WAY too far by sending him to Vegas. They did that to encourage his choice and thumb their nose's at his dad. If his dad is worried that his son is gay it is probably more to do with his grooming than the dancing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast