+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mary Murphy - Judge

Re: Mary Murphy - Judge

Is she married?

She doesn't look like a Mary, her name doesn't match her looks. Just a thought that I had.

Does she remind anyone of Janice Dickinson?
    She's not quite as harsh of a judge, but just her crazy personality reminds me of Janice, and especially with how they both have clear favorites
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I didn't like her, at first. That laugh. Anyway, I love her now. She's supportive and honest in a way that other people strive to be, but aren't. She's also a force to be reckoned with in the ballroom dance world, according to my friend who is a ballroom dancer. She's a champion ballroom dancer, winning a U.S. Open Standard Final.

Ballroom dance is competitive, exacting and just plain hard as all get out. I admire anyone who can be that focused.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Has anyone seen the "Mary Murphy Alarm Clock" skit on The Soup? It can be found on youtube. I can't access youtube from work, but I think if you searched for "mary murphy alarm soup" you should be able to find it. Quite funny, IMO.

I was trying to watch SYTYCD, and I just couldn't because I couldn't put up with Mary. I don't know if she's consistent with her laugh, but wow, she was just so overly annoying.

I think she was on hyperdrive last night because all of the dances were good - some outstanding. She got excited early and had no chance to calm down I'd be screaming too after seeing some of those performances - especially Sabra and Neil's jazz.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;2509447;
    Has anyone seen the "Mary Murphy Alarm Clock" skit on The Soup? It can be found on youtube. I can't access youtube from work, but I think if you searched for "mary murphy alarm soup" you should be able to find it. Quite funny, IMO.
    That was hilarious!

I loved Mary's comments during last night's show. She really gave technical, precise and constructive criticism/remarks.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Team Katarzyna and Anya oxymoron's Avatar

I used to really dislike Mary as a judge, but I'm warming up to Mary now. Her comments are always very to-the-point and precise. Plus, she points out the technical aspects/faults of the dance instead of just going, "Oh, I loved it, it was great."

FORT Fan

Mary doesn't just scream, she kvells, which I really like to see. That means she looks at the dancers with pride and affection like she was their aunt or favorite high school teacher.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weary;2514942;
    Mary doesn't just scream, she kvells, which I really like to see. That means she looks at the dancers with pride and affection like she was their aunt or favorite high school teacher.
    That is TOO TRUE! You can tell that she really does care for these dancers and for the most part, her comments are typically spot-on.

And I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm rather fond of her cackle now.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread