+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mary Murphy - Judge

Re: Mary Murphy - Judge

I like Mary. She has such an infectious laugh and she really shows it if she's enjoyed a performance. She doesn't hold back either way: if it's good or if it's bad.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fan

Just an interesting tidbit. I have collected autographs for about 2 years and I wrote Mary Murphy and it was one of the best responses I have ever gotten. She not only sent me 3 signed pictures. 2 which were in color, but also a hand written note telling me she grew up about 45 minutes from where I live and glad I liked the show!

Class act!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2421959;
    Just an interesting tidbit. I have collected autographs for about 2 years and I wrote Mary Murphy and it was one of the best responses I have ever gotten. She not only sent me 3 signed pictures. 2 which were in color, but also a hand written note telling me she grew up about 45 minutes from where I live and glad I liked the show!

Class act!
    I always love to hear stories like that! I use to collect autographs when I was alot younger and it always impressed me, even as a young'un, when someone replied back quickly and with a handwritten note! The cynic in me nowadays would probably think it was just one of their peons signing it for them but I'd still like to believe the fantasy of it actually being them taking the time to do it!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar

Mary is soooo funny! Her laugh, although screechy, is quite awesome haha. Shows personality at least and her comments are useful, not like some other judges.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I just caught this show last week. Entertaining. I have to say, this judges laugh was a real turn off to my family, but since she seems like a nice person, aka, sending the autographs and hand written note, I'll forgive the cackle.

FORT Fogey

This is my first year watching. Has Mary been there since the first season? At first I was sort of turned off by her laugh, but after some episodes it actually makes me laugh. It's like when I go to the movies to see a comedy, I always like it when there's someone who has a really loud laugh...cracks me up.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Have to agree with those who are annoyed by the voice. Maybe they could tinker with her microphone so she comes across at half her actual volume. Her comments are helpful, so it isn't the message itself, but it's the way it's delivered that irrates me.

LOVED Shane's impression of her when Tony Velez auditioned in Atlanta!

After the dancing, Mary Murphy is the highlight of the show...

Both her enthusiasm and laugh are infectious, and add to my pleasure in watching...

Love this show! (Though it's a toss up with DWTS!) Glad they are not knocking heads!

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I saw this woman for the first time last night...oh my goodness...Her voice/screaming/yakking is just so grating! I think what she had to say was pretty on the mark. But just the way it came out...I kept thinking of the Wicked Witch cackling at Dorothy...

FORT Fan

Seems like lately Mary has had some botox work done on her upper lips - they look very stiff and barely moves when she speaks!

+ Reply to Thread