+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shane Sparks - Choreographer/Judge

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Shane Sparks - Choreographer/Judge

Shane Sparks - Choreographer/Judge

Born and raised in Cincinnati, OH, Shane Sparks recognized his talent for dance at an early age, performing in hometown talent shows and high school showcases. After graduating from high school, Sparks moved to Los Angeles to pursue his dreams. He began subbing a hip-hop class at the Millennium Dance Complex, formerly known as Moro Landis, now located in the No Ho Arts District. His class quickly grew from three people to a record 175.

Sparks has worked with artists such as Lindsay Lohan for the 2004 “MTV Movie Awards,” Marques Houston, Omarion and Corbin Bleu, as well as on the films “You Got Served” and the sequel “Back Down.” Shane played a major role in artist development for O'Ryan, N2U and Aksent (the 18-year-old beauty who toured with Chris Brown). He was also the choreographer for *NSYNC’s 2004 “Challenge for the Children” Celebrity Basketball Game at the Office Depot Center in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

Sparks was a judge for the 2004 World Hip-Hop Championship, and a choreographer for the Wade Robson Convention held in Miami. Recently he has been in demand to teach master classes and workshops from Florida to Japan.

His face can be spotted on every dance publication and website across the globe. He has choreographed promos for ESPN as well as Nationwide Urban Jams Dance Convention, and “The Steve Harvey Big Time Show.” He has even made a guest appearance on the urban youth show “Hip Hop Harry.”
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Shane Sparks - Choreographer/Judge

His routines are awesome! Can't wait to see what he has in store for this year!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

My dancin' daughter loves his choreography! He's choreographing a movie... just had auditions... should be a great dance movie. Hip Hop of course
    Tahoe bound....

seems like everyone uses Millennium Dance Complex

Millenlium has a huge dance room called "the dome", it is one of the few places that has a room with dance floors and mirrors big enough for some of the big rehearsals and or auditions. When they do the auditions for this show in the past, they used a stage of some sorts, usually a theatre.
    Tahoe bound....

I'm glad to see Shane back again. He adds a bit of variety and a different viewpoint to the judging table IMO. He's usually pretty positive to the contestants. And man, can he move!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Yay! I'm glad Shane's choreographing again. His routines last season were awesome. My favorite has to be the one he did for Ivan and Allison to an RnB song. I also loved the Benji and Donyelle one to the song "Hotline". Amazing stuff.
    2003-2008.

Shane is a super classy guy. For him to offer a part in a movie to the kid with scoliosis was just amazing. And I love how he gets so involved in the auditions when there is someone really good up there. He's really gets into it!

FORT Newbie

He keeps it so real.... take away the finer echniques and he is the style. I love it when he judges every single time

+ Reply to Thread