+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cat Deeley - Host

New host Cat Deeley: Now with Extra Perkiness!

Professionally perky:

Yikes! : http://www.catdeeleyuk.co.uk/photos.asp

That website also has a bio:
    Cat Deeley Bio

Catherine Noddy Holder Deeley was born on October 23, 1976 in Sutton Coldfield near Birmingham, England.

She started in modelling but got her big break as a VJ on MTV UK, this was followed by the hosting of a Saturday morning television programme called SMTV and a music chart show called CD:UK which she still presents.
    "Presents" is Brit-speak for "hosts", by the way.

FOX video clip (requires the usual A/V stuff): FOX.com: Video From Your Favorite Shows

CAT DEELEY - Host

Birmingham, England, native Cat Deeley is also one of the foremost television presenters in the UK and has recently become one of the hottest new faces on American TV following her five hugely successful seasons hosting SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE. Deeley was Jay Leno's first regular entertainment correspondent on "The Tonight Show" and recently performed the same duty for "Good Morning America." Deeley is a double BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) Award winner and has won many other awards for her work on some of the UK's hottest primetime shows, including "Stars in Their Eyes," "CD:UK Live" (on which she appeared weekly for six years), "SMTV: Live" (which she hosted for three years), "Comic Relief Does Fame Academy," the "V Festival" (2004, 2005), "The Brits," "Record of the Year," "Elton John Live from New York," "The Latin Grammy Awards" and a one-hour special with U2, "When Cat Met U2," for ITV.

Deeley often lends her time to the Great Ormond Street Hospital, a children's hospital in London, and divides her time between her homes in London and Beverly Hills.
    Last edited by paridy; 11-01-2009 at 02:15 AM. Reason: ADDING AN UPDATED BIO 2009

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    I thought she did well. I am surprised that she has not gotten her nose straightened. The pic above shows it to be extreme for a modeling career, despite her beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    I thought she did well. I am surprised that she has not gotten her nose straightened. The pic above shows it to be extreme for a modeling career, despite her beauty.
    The Brits prefer the "slightly imperfect" look, I think.

Anyway, she's a VJ, not a model. The pics on that site are Maxim/FHM type stuff, I believe.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I liked her loads better than the host from last year, plastic whatsername.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

FORT Fogey
    she is youthful and more relax than sanchez but i still prefer sanchez

I enjoyed her. Although it was probably not her choice, I was happy to see them filming the backstories outside, away from the folks warming up. Whoever thought of that was quite considerate, intended or not.

She bugged me, in the same way as the blonde Brit on the gum (?) commercials. Too perky.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I think she's very pretty and does very well in speaking with others. Who cares if her nose is crooked. I think she fits in well. She's not trying to be the STAR of the show.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I think she's very pretty and does very well in speaking with others. Who cares if her nose is crooked. I think she fits in well. She's not trying to be the STAR of the show.
    I don't care that her nose is crooked. She got her start in modeling. Just an observation.

Jaslene/Felicia-Mollie<3 Cath31's Avatar
    I liked both of them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast