+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Cat Deeley - Host

Re: Cat Deeley - Host

I dont understand how anyone could not like cat? Her voice was somewhat annoying the first time I saw her, but she has grown on me SO much. She is the ONLY host that I can think of that seems genuinely excited to be working and doing the job she is doing... The way she clapped and jumped up and down and said "that's my favorite" when talking about Dirty dancing, and the way she supports and seems to really love the dancers, it's just amazing. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her! *and I have always loved her calling the judges jidges*(
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2419431;
    Ok. So I love kitties. I just don't love Cat. I don't dislike her exactly, I just think that her Aussie accent doesn't fit with the show. Then again, I've never seen her on any of her other shows. Maybe she'll grow on me.
    She's from Australia? Thought she was Brittish. Anyway, she's very sweet, nice, supportive of the contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2503466;
    She's from Australia? Thought she was Brittish. Anyway, she's very sweet, nice, supportive of the contestants.
    She is British , which is why it was ridiculous dtrix said she had a french accent. She is such a better host that the girl from season 1.

FORT Newbie

Great fashion choices

I have to say that the biggest change in Cat Deeley this season is her wardrobe. Last season, her fashion choices were disastrously awful. When she came on stage, I would break out laughing about 50% of the time.

This season, she looks *stunning*. With only a couple exceptions so far, her dresses have been exquisite.

Maybe she fired her old wardrobe designed and hired somebody competent?

In any case, she does a very nice job as the host.

My first thought was that Brits should stick to their own side of the pond when searches are made for hosts and judges for "America's Favorite..." shows. That thought was immediately followed by "But isn't America a Melting Pot?"

So my final thought is that while Nigel is too manipulative, he does seem to know a lot about dance. And...

That I can't imagine a better host for this show than Cat. She isn't an insincere ass like Ryan and really knows her job. I'm sure all of the people working on the show just love her. She's even able to pull off the "after the break" crap without acting like a jerk about it.

Cat's costumes were terrible when she started her first season and we ragged on her unmercifully. Suddenly she started dressing much better and even thought she has had some "misses", they were never bad enough for me to comment on them.

I love her self confidence - especially regarding her height. I can't think of one bad thing to say about her.

FORT Newbie

I think she's a wonderful host and looks amazing. I could see why some people might hate on her, she's beautiful.

I think she needs to say "Welcome to... So You Think You Can Dance"

not her usual:

"Welcome...To So You Think You Can Dance"

The name of the show is not "To So You Think You Can Dance"

I'm prego w/ tree trunk legs and I'm proud of it
    I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

I like Cat a lot.

I think she needs to stop it with the "jidges" pronunciation though.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Fogey

I like her a a host--but really have no desire to see her dance tonight with Nigel.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by drkim;2517116;
    I like Cat a lot.

I think she needs to stop it with the "jidges" pronunciation though.

holy cow--that is EXACTLY what i was going to say...hat the way she says "jidges"...it's JUDges! that seems to be the only word she sounds strange on...i wonder if she does it on purpose or thinks it's cute.

other than that, i like her as a host, nice fresh face.

however, i was disappointed at the lame "dance" she talked up with her and nigel.

+ Reply to Thread