+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cat Deeley - Host

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    Cat has grown on me. I was not prepared to like her, but she's nice and the real body parts are refreshing (not that I would not have big ole fakes if I was not well endowed). I loved last nights dress.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Cat Deeley - Host

Cat Deeley - Host

Cat Deeley is one of the foremost television presenters in the UK. Deeley is a double BAFTA Award winner and has won many awards for her work on some of the UK’s hottest primetime shows, including “Stars in Their Eyes,” “CD:UK Live” (on which she appeared weekly for six years), “SMTV: Live” (which she hosted for three years), “Comic Relief Does Fame Academy,” the “V Festival” (2004, 2005), “The Brits,” “Record of the Year,” “Elton John Live from New York,” “The Latin Grammy Awards” and a one-hour special with U2, “When Cat Met U2,” for ITV.

Deeley has also become one of the hottest new faces on U.S. TV following her first hugely successful season hosting SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE. Since then, Deeley became Jay Leno’s first regular Entertainment Correspondent on “The Tonight Show,” and she is now performing the same duty for “Good Morning America” as well. She also presented FOX’s live New Year’s Eve coverage from Times Square.

Deeley’s many interview subjects over the years include such luminaries as Madonna, Mariah Carey, U2, Prince, Marilyn Manson, Elton John, Joss Stone, Tom Jones and 50 Cent. She hosted a weekly radio show, “Cat and Edith’s Hit Music Sunday,” on London’s premier radio station, and has made appearances on the television comedies “Happiness” and “Little Britain.”
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Cat Deeley - Host

I like Cat and I constantly try to annoy and aggravate my son by talking in my best Cat Deeley voice......I'm sure he's looking forward to me doing it even more now that the show is about to start back up!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I like Cat too!

Her support for the contestants seems genuine, and she never tries to steal their spotlight by picking fights with judges (Ryan Seacrest, take note). She keeps the show about the young, hopeful, dancers we want to see succeed, even when they are too out of breath to answer questions.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Ok. So I love kitties. I just don't love Cat. I don't dislike her exactly, I just think that her Aussie accent doesn't fit with the show. Then again, I've never seen her on any of her other shows. Maybe she'll grow on me.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Cat's returning? Good, anyone's better than Lauren (Season One).

She needs to stop smacking her lips when she can't think of anything to say, though. And stop asking dumb questions, like "If you go home tonight, will you be disappointed?" Gee, Cat, I don't know!
    2003-2008.

Loved the white dress on Wed night. She comes across much better as the presenter this season than last. Maybe she can do Dancing with the Stars and show the other ladies how the job should be done.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Oh, sorry I disagree on this one. I'd take Samantha Harris any day over the basketball player... She's so patronizing. And her accent, yuk. Why do Americans like to be put down by people with "British" (Australian, etal) accents? Yesterday I actually thought for a minute that Sabra was a "little person" when she was standing next to Cat.
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2419961;
    Good, anyone's better than Lauren (Season One).

THANK YOU. That woman gave me the creeps! Her mousy eyes and everything. I do wish Cat would follow in Lauren's footsteps and perform on the season finale though, that would be amazing.

FORT Fan

I think Cat is one of the best hosts around. Even though it would be pretty scary, as a short person, to be standing next to her. She's warm and jokingly affectionate rather than smart-alleck.

+ Reply to Thread