+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Cat Deeley - Host

Re: Cat Deeley - Host

Those are beautiful. In the Star Mag. spread they have photos of her when she was 21 with short dark hair. I like her better with the blond mane, I almost didn't recognize her in those photos but she still has the same smoking body.

FORT Fogey

i was shocked to see she wasn't nominated and Heidy is.
    I have never seen a host care so much about the competitor. She deserved a nod

I think it's a shame that she has once again been snubbed. What does the woman have to do to get a nod? She is by far the best host out there, better than Heidi even.

FORT Fogey

FYI - here are the noms:

HOST FOR A REALITY OR REALITY-COMPETITION PROGRAM
    Tom Bergeron, Dancing With the Stars
    Phil Keoghan, The Amazing Race
    Heidi Klum, Project Runway
    Padma Lakshmi (Host) and Tom Colicchio (Co-Host), Top Chef
    Jeff Probst, Survivor
    Ryan Seacrest, American Idol

"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."
    - Thumper in Bambi

My lips are sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3578546;
    I think it's a shame that she has once again been snubbed. What does the woman have to do to get a nod? She is by far the best host out there, better than Heidi even.
    I completely agree. In addition to being lovely and caring and really interested in what's going on, she can be incredibly witty. I would certainly choose her over Heidi or Padma.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Yay, at least Phil was nominated!

I'm sure she'll get it next year, with the fall season coming up.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I love Phil & Heidi, but I definitely agree that Cat should have been nominated also.
    She is so sweet, and obviously cares about the contestants, AND she is very good at smoothing over rough spots in the show.
    Maybe next season??

I love Cat...definitely my girl crush To me, she is the most natural of any of the hosts out there. She's never afraid to get up and hug even the sweatiest of the dancers. Sorry, but I couldn't see Heidi getting even close. And I dare any of the nominees to grab a contestant's grille and stick it in their mouth the way she did last year with Twitch....it still cracks me up
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Found this today, a bit about Cat's style.
    Here we were bashing "whoever" put her in the shiny garbage bag a while back and she does all of her own choosing!

Harper's Bazaar: You're your own stylist — how do you come up with your own looks twice a week?

Cat Deeley: For me, it's an enjoyable experience. But more importantly, some days, as a regular woman, you can rock a leather black minidress and some days you just can't. Some days you just want your comfy DVF wrap dress that you put on with a fabulous pair of earrings and great pair of heels. And then other days you want to be a bit of a rock star and strut out there in five-inch heels and messy hair and makeup that looks as though you're halfway through the night and you're having a great time.
    Read the rest here: Cat Deeley Pictures - So You Think You Can Dance Hostess Cat Deeley - Bazaar.com
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

You can be good at a LOT of things, and NOT so good at others.

I still love her. But if she really is picking her own outfits/hairstyles, well, she does well over 90% of the time. The occasional mistep is forgiveable.

I still think the sequin body bag was horribly unflattering to her. I didn't like the tiger sequin thing last night, either. That motif is so 80's.

+ Reply to Thread