+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    If the criteria for winning was that the performer had to excel at contemporary, they should have only brought contempory dancers to the top 20.

If Benji never did contemporary until the group routine, how the heck does anyone figure he would reach the same level as someone who has trained in that style for years? And, frankly, I think Benji's talent (which IMO is to entertain) would be totally wasted if he took to doing contemporary.

How well did the contemporary dancers take to the other styles, like ballroom and hip hop? That's a serious question, because all I know about dance is what appeals to me. Sometimes I would enjoy a routine only to have the judges pan it - or vice versa.
    I was just responding to how someone wrote Benji adapted to his contemporary routines really well. I was pointing out he never did one except for the whole group number.

I wasn't saying everyone should do contemporary, I was pointing out what I personally thought was an example of how I think Benji sometimes gets blind praise because he's such a crowd favorite. He's great- those who love him- fantastic! But I do think the Benji-love is really into overkill in general.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Newbie
    [/QUOTE] Also, does anyone know how the finale is going to work? How will it be judged? I know there is no program on Thursday and the Wednesday show is only an hour long.[/QUOTE]

According to my satellite guide, there is the one hour show tomorrow, with the dancers competing for the last time. Then, there is a two-hour results show NEXT Wednesday (god help us). It looks like we're going to have to sit through two hours of crap before we get the results, or I guess you could just tune in for the last 10 minutes of the show.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass View Post
    I was just responding to how someone wrote Benji adapted to his contemporary routines really well. I was pointing out he never did one except for the whole group number.

I wasn't saying everyone should do contemporary, I was pointing out what I personally thought was an example of how I think Benji sometimes gets blind praise because he's such a crowd favorite. He's great- those who love him- fantastic! But I do think the Benji-love is really into overkill in general.
    I agree with you completely. Benji=Great, but Benji<God.

I assume they've already taped the dance show by now since it's airing tonight. No spoilers?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer View Post
    I agree with you completely. Benji=Great, but Benji<God.

I assume they've already taped the dance show by now since it's airing tonight. No spoilers?

Check the other spoiler page. It narrates tonight's entire show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112