+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 8/02 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Well I was out of town and just watched my tape – so my belated comments:

1. Natalie & Ivan - Jive – Thought Natalie looked pretty good and Ivan looked pretty out of place. Nothing special but not bad either.

2. Travis - solo – WOW. But I’m sick of the short-sleeved polo shirts. He is outstanding and I can watch him spin all day, it never gets old for me.

3. Donyelle & Benji - Broadway – Hum, she looks sloppy in comparison. He is outdancing her now. He was awesome and energetic.

4. Natalie - solo – I love her signature move – that spinning on her knees thing she does so well. I just adore her.

5. Heidi & Travis - American Waltz –Beautiful. Heidi had an awesome develope in there – that leg reached the sky. Her arabesque was good also. Travis looks like a leading man when with Heidi. Only a few times did he have “jazz” feet instead of ballroom heel-toe going on.

6. Ivan - solo – Not impressed. I liked his first contemporary routine best of anything he has done. I just don’t like his hip hop that much.

7. Donyelle & Benji - hip hop – Um Benji’s intro looked pretty bad, it made me laugh. But the rest of the routine was sharp and he looked great. He outdanced Donyelle yet again and this is her area. He is truly versatile. She is truly lacking as of late.

8. Heidi - solo – OK.

9. Natalie & Ivan - contemporary – She is amazing and could have done so much more. Those splits lifting her back leg up were great – never seen her do that before. Ivan – first contemporary was much better, not sure why. Didn’t like him this time so much, seemed stiff, unsure, rushed, and he looked at his feet WAY too much and didn’t look at Natalie enough, thus the chemistry plummeted.

10. Benji - solo – It seemed shorter than the others – guess because it was so entertaining! He was channeling Fred Astaire tonight. He makes me WOW.

11. Heidi & Travis – Afro Pop – I watched this over and over and over. BEST DANCE tonight by far. Amazing. Heidi – you go girl!!! Travis worked his body in ways I’d like to see up close and personal! I’ve never thought he was sexy until tonight. This was just one of those special moments on the show. Tears because I was so proud of them!

12. Donyelle - solo – Jumps were not high, leg lifts not straight nor extended enough. I’d be mad too after that performance.

I would have send Donyelle and Ivan home no question.

At this point my top four are 1. Travis or Benji 3. Heidi 4. Natalie

I think one of the two guys should win.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Final random thoughts from what you all have said.

I agree with Justice – Donyelle seems to not be in as good of shape as she was earlier. I remember thinking she was big, but muscular and toned. She does not seem to be as toned now and bigger which makes no sense unless they have buffet style meals. After her solo what was with that angry look??? Donyelle has seemed “off” since her horrid samba with Dmitri. Maybe she’s just not as good as we thought due to the magic that was Benyelle??? She is still deserving of 4th place IMO, but not 2nd or 1st for the ladies.

Natalie – I think the first time America voted on individuals (top ten show) and she was in the bottom she “realized” she was not going to win and it took the fire out of her. I truly think being in the bottom that first week of individual voting crushed her spirit. She is soooo emotional. I just adore her but feel her confidence took a fatal blow.

At the beginning I would have thought a girl would win, the women overall out danced the men. But for individuals, I think Travis and Benji are the tops. Now I’ve changed my mind and want one of them to win.

Regarding voting – on the west coast I never get busy signals for anyone. I think it is because when we vote the east coast and central is done. The first hour we vote with Mountain time, and the second hour is only west coast. There’s not as many people and I always get through here in my time zone. I love voting here – I feel my votes really count since I get through all the time and don’t waste time with busy signals.

Heidi – I never would have believed it – but she is my favorite girl! I can’t believe I’m saying it but she has grown, is so modest, and I love how she thanks the choreographers. She just seems real mature, real sincere, and real “real.”
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456