+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 8/02 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    Mia made the most sense. Donyelle was too slow and Benji had to struggle to keep down to her level. Natalie and Ivan danced more as a couple than they did. All B & D have is chemistry.
    Today I really noticed their weight difference...Heidi and Benji (the cousins) are complete bursts of fire, and Donyelle to me usually seems a little slow when she's with him.

Donyelle is in NO way fat, but it seems like Benji is just lighter on his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo View Post
    I missed the phone numbers for the dancers. Does anyone remember the numbers?
    1-888-83676_ _
    Travis 01 **
    Natalie 02
    Ivan 03
    Heidi 04**
    Benji 05**
    Donyelle 06

** I know these for sure
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

Quote Originally Posted by madonniac View Post
    Am I a lone Heidi fan?
    I like her too, but I never vote. The more votes they say were called in the more convinced I am that my vote wouldn't matter anyway.

I want Travis to win this, but would also be happy if Heidi or Natalie won.

Ivan and Donyelle should be eliminated tomorrow.

FORT Fan
    1-888-83676_ _
    Travis 01 **
    Natalie 02
    Ivan 03
    Heidi 04**
    Benji 05**
    Donyelle 06

** I know these for sure
    Yup- those are the numbers

1-888-83676_ _
    Travis 01 **
    Natalie 02
    Ivan 03
    Heidi 04**
    Benji 05**
    Donyelle 06

** I know these for sure
    Thanks for those numbers.

Ivan and Donyelle clearly should go -- the others are just whole levels above them. I think that Ivan and Natalie will go. But, Donyelle's contemporary solo was just pitiful -- and highlighted her weaknesses. She should have stuck with hip hop. She did the moves but there are high school girls all across the country that would have had better jumps and contemporary moves -- much less Natalie who shone in her solo of that style. Natalie had the best solo (or Benji) in a night where it seemed same old same old.

I liked the Jive, but thought the Contemporary of Ivan and Natalie boring. Still Ivan clearly is not up to Travis and Benji level. Natalie was clearly brought down by her partner. It is clear that the choreographers bring the dance down to the weakest link.

I thought the waltz was just ok, mostly boring but well done boring -- but the Afro pop was one of the best things I have seen on the show. Heidi was amazing. I expected that from Travis in his element, but Heidi has really grown and she got tons of praise. Travis's solo was slightly better than usual but same old stuff. His spins are truly great but really old. Like Melody's leg kick last year (and I loved her).

Benji was terrific as usual, but the choreography seemed to have been brought down for Donyelle. She did not have Broadway style at all, but she was good in the hip hop, though. Benji's solo was very good, but he has the advantage of only having done two so it didn't seem old. Still, I can't understand how he spins so fast and it moved along really well.

Benji and Heidi stole the show for me, especially with their afro pop routine.

Benji woaaa in that gansta get up....well gansta wannabe outfit......Just not believable....thought he looked more like "Our Gang" Little Rascal character--------glad he will make it just fine not doing hip hop...
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Donyelle DID have the strangest look on her face after she finished her solo. I can't even figure out what might have happened.... She looked almost completely disoriented.

ETA: sorry about the double post....didn't notice till this was posted
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar View Post
    Ivan and Donyelle clearly should go -- the others are just whole levels above them.
    Ouch D:

I liked the Jive, but thought the Contemporary of Ivan and Natalie boring. Still Ivan clearly is not up to Travis and Benji level. Natalie was clearly brought down by her partner. It is clear that the choreographers bring the dance down to the weakest link.[/QUOTE]

I agree on some levels, I liked the jazz. I loved the Contemporary, I think Ivan looks quite mature when he does Contemporary. I do think Natalie was brought down by him though. Her solo was beautiful, as she is. Ivan of course looks too childish

I thought the waltz was just ok, mostly boring but well done boring -- but the Afro pop was one of the best things I have seen on the show. Heidi was amazing. I expected that from Travis in his element, but Heidi has really grown and she got tons of praise. Travis's solo was slightly better than usual but same old stuff. His spins are truly great but really old. Like Melody's leg kick last year.
    I MISSED THE AFRO POP. But the clips looks amazing, some the movements look really great wished I seen it! D: Heidi's Solo was fun as always, and Travis is brilliant with his spins.

Benji was terrific as usual, but the choreography seemed to have been brought down for Donyelle. She did not have Broadway style at all, but she was good in the hip hop, though. Benji's solo was very good, but he has the advantage of only having done two so it didn't seem old. Still, I can't understand how he spins so fast and it moved along really well.
    Ouch again, but yes Unfortantly she did seem a bit lacking D: Benji is just joy bundled up in a cute dork XD His solo was just, he makes me smile. He radiates happiness. Donyelle's solo was good, I liked it. It had agnst to it, but the ending was a bit off for me. She did seem a bit hurt.

All in all a decent show. I hope Ivan is gone, and for the girls I'm not sure I love them all! And thanks for Kyrjar for the post, I blame the ADHD for the bad memory recall.
    "Walking on poetry...she's a monologue in shakespearean tragedy"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast