+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance? 7/20 Results- Next Stop, Chippendales!

So You Think You Can Dance? 7/20 Results- Next Stop, Chippendales!

Hey-O! It’s just me and my two left feet dropping by to guest recap this homage to people who can actually dance. This ought to be fun considering I find the Carlton Dance to be cutting edge and the only other fancy footwork I know is the running man. So before I miss my step-off, lets get this conga line moving….

Prepping For The Madness
    The show kicks off with a fun and zany dance number that definitely catches the eye. For you eighties fans, think clothing from your favorite zombie movie and add the choreography of Michael Jackson’s Thriller<- pre-weirdo when it was cool to say he was cool. Toss in the music of Roisin Murphy’s Ramalama (Bang Bang) and you’ve got a recipe for one hell of a dance party!

Cat throws some props out to Wade and it’s on to business. Viewers were reminded that they voted for their favorite male and female dancer. It’s no longer couples- it’s all about individuality, baby. Nigel is as giddy as a schoolboy on Christmas eve when he proclaims last night’s episode as the most watched talent show of the night. Well, I would hope so given the crap it went up against.

Just to make sure we have to wait 56 minutes to see who’s going home, we’re looking back to the previous night’s performance. From Dmitry’s shirt ripping strip to Travis and Heidi’s rendition of Zorro, it was a night of ups and downs with the women taking the night. For more scoop on the best performances, you should run, not walk to here.

Like Puppets On The Stage- Only More Squeezable
    Back from a commercial break, all the dancers are seated on trendy stools. Boys on one side, girls on the other. It’s the middle school dance of talent shows. Cat will be calling each contestant to stand next to her as she reads the comments from the judges. The bottom two boys and girls will dance before the two losers are announced.

First up is Donyelle: she struggled in the Lindy hop but had a hot and sexy solo. She is safe.

Martha: Olisa thought her smooth waltz was pretty good but Nigel predicted she would be in the danger zone. Nigel was spot on.

Allison: Jean Marc thought her Broadway routine didn’t reach past the front row but she has a dazzling smile and that keeps her safe for another week.

Both Heidi and Natalie join Cat and after the review of last night, Natalie is the second girl to be in the bottom two.

The boys are next. Ryan: Olisa praised his routine and Nigel thought his solo routine had wonderful lines and great elevation. This time Nigel is the odd man out as Ryan is in the bottom two boys…for now.

Travis: Nigel called Travis a gifted dancer. Jean Marc thought he could go all the way. For the time being, he is going on to next week.

Benji: While his hip-hop wasn’t so great, his solo was a one man show. He’s good to go for another week.

The duo of Dmitry and Ivan are last for the news. Cicely thought Dmitry was great and Nigel thought Ivan’s performance was “gimmicky”. That gimmick must’ve worked because Dmitry joins the others in the bottom four.

The Dance Off: Blue Steel
    Get your spirit fingers ready because here come the final four. Martha is the first up and she boops and bops to Gwen Stefani. Aside from a few skips and jumps, it’s pretty apparent why Martha is in the bottom group. Nigel reminds everyone of how young she is as if to offer consolation of what’s about to come.

Ryan comes out all rubbery and bendy-like. He’s grooving to Jamiroquai’s Canned Heat and I can’t stop thinking he reminds me of Leroy from the movie Fame. He throws in a few ballet moves and I’m hoping the hired help swept the floor as he dances about all barefoot. Judges Cicely and Olisa loved how the soul oozed from body.

Dressed for bed, Natalie dawns a little slinky number to dance to Liam Andreone’s Lamentation. Ok, I admit that I don’t know much about dancing but she sure did look like she knew what she was doing. Nigel agrees and the rest of the judges toss heaps of praise on her.

Dmitry humps the floor to some Black Eyed Peas. The only thing missing is a dental floss thong and a wad of dollar bills hanging from it. Olisa and Cicely loved the fire that comes from his shaking. Jean Marc says that Dmitry is the one who learnt the most from this competition. Nigel plugs the top ten dance tour and assures us that we’ll be seeing more of him.

Going Down As Smooth As A Stoli and Water
    I don’t know about you but I’ve been sitting on pins and needles waiting for Chris Brown. Seriously. This former street dancer is schooling all of the contestants with his awesome moves. I’ve got to learn how to do that move where he takes his hat off with his elbow and slides it down his arm. Oh heck, I’d be happy with learning the cabbage patch..

Natalie and Martha are brought center stage and Cat wastes no time in giving Martha the news that she is going home. A trip down video lane and Martha takes the stage for one last curtain call.

The lights dim down for Ryan and Dmitry. Ryan has the look of someone who knows he’s going home., However, that’s not the case. Dmitry gets the bad news and an audible shock rings out from the crowd. The ole snuggly and lovable Russian lunk will be missed- if only for his diamond hard pecs and accent.

That’s all for me, folks. Stay hip, stay dancing and stay groovy.
    Last edited by speedbump; 07-23-2006 at 01:16 PM.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    the only other fancy footwork I know is the running man.

Nigel is as giddy as a schoolboy on Christmas eve when he proclaims last nightís episode as the most watched talent show of the night. Well, I would hope so given the crap it went up against.

The Dance Off: Blue Steel

He throws in a few ballet moves and Iím hoping the hired help swept the floor as he dances about all barefoot.

Dmitry humps the floor to some Black Eyed Peas. The only thing missing is a dental floss thong and a wad of dollar bills hanging from it.

Oh heck, Iíd be happy with learning the cabbage patch.
    Great recap speedy and on your birthday, no less. Now get out there and celebrate!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Dmitry humps the floor to some Black Eyed Peas. The only thing missing is a dental floss thong and a wad of dollar bills hanging from it.
    Speedy!

Excellent recap. I'll sure miss my eye candy Dmitry, though.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Oh Wow Martha and Dmitry. Well, according to the last recaps I read..I could that coming.

Good recap! A bit late on my part D:, I'll miss Dmitry. The opening number was cool.
    "Walking on poetry...she's a monologue in shakespearean tragedy"

+ Reply to Thread