+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not Really America's Choice?

Not Really America's Choice?

Is it me or does anyone else hate the current elimination method. It is totally not fair because it truly isn't in America's hands. The judges will choose who gets eliminated and wins. Thats not right. Why bother voting if we don't get the final say...
    You're a bad mother... shut your mouth! ^^

I much prefer this method. The voting public has a way of letting awesome people go before mediocre performers with tv-friendly backstories.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I like it. It ensures the truly quality dancers don't get eliminated due to America's biases. It gets to be like a personality/popularity contest, sometimes. I have a feeling if it were up to America last week, Jessica would have gone home instead of the Denise Richards look-alike. And that would have been a real shame.

FORT Fogey
    I prefer it this way too. There is a lot of stuff that we don't see that happens behind the scenes. I'm sure there are dancers who are really struggling to keep up (like Joy doing ballroom this week). Giving the judges final say allows them to gracefully eliminate those who wouldn't be able to make it to the end anyway.

Popularity only goes so far. (Though I must admit, I think they made a huge mistake letting Artem go last season.)

FORT Fogey
    for the time being it is the judges who decide who goes one but once we make it in the top 5 it will be america's vote only. I much prefer this way, by that time we will know who is who

I love it this way, ensures the best do stay.
    "Walking on poetry...she's a monologue in shakespearean tragedy"

I'd love to see the whole thing in the judges' hands, but with a lrager panel of judges, the same ones from week to week, representing all disciplines of dance represented in the show. That would keep couples like Ben and Ashlee from skating by based on fan base, while better dancers (like Jason and Stan.) are let go.

To me it's not so much about who has potential to win, but eliminating the weakest dances first, in order to enjoy the good ones for longer.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I like that the judges have the final say - ensures the best get to stay regardless of popularity. Of course if the worst dancers are not in the bottom 3 then the judges can't do anything. (Ben and Ashlee two weeks in a row)

How did it work last year??? Same way? I can't remember.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Fogey
    As with any viewer participation, some weaker contestants stay beyond their time but, in the end, the best and most skilled win.

The judges must have the last say in this competition. Very few viewers are qualified to judge dance. In the case of AI, we may not be the best judge of a good singer either but it is we who buy the CD's. We cannot support a dancer with our wallet. It is a different game.

I like the judges having the final say. This show never claimed that the public would choose the winner.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    Since the person who wins is going to be in a show they have to make sure the winner can handle the work. I think this is the best way to ensure that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast