+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shane Sparks - Choreographer

Shane Sparks - Choreographer

Born and raised in Cincinnati, OH, Shane Sparks recognized his talent for dance at an early age, performing in hometown talent shows and high school showcases. After graduating from high school, Sparks moved to Los Angeles to pursue his dreams. (more here)
    "Walking on poetry...she's a monologue in shakespearean tragedy"

he is my favorite choreographer. His dance is the most exciting to watch.

FORT Newbie

Shane rocks

I agree. I think Shane Sparks is amazing. They showed about 3 seconds of him dancing and it was so awesome. Nothing fancy, just so smooth in how he moved and his choreography is so unique. I wish they did a show with just hip hop and breakers. I really liked the six step crew. With Hawk not in the competition, it is kinda boring.

I agree that his choreography is great and I would love to see him dance. I would love to see all the judges dance, or a tape of them when they were in their prime dancing.

Not sure he is a good judge though. Funny how sometimes the best dancers don't actually make good teachers or judges, and then some who dance just OK are amazing teachers and judges.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Fogey
    He is not a great judge but when Mia is on the panel there is a good balance. Nigel and Mia know their dancing. Sparks and Mary just know their own style.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    He is not a great judge but when Mia is on the panel there is a good balance. Nigel and Mia know their dancing. Sparks and Mary just know their own style.
    I think he is not as articulate as Nigel or Mia, but I thought most of his comments were spot on last night. He criticized Martha for not feeling the crumping, for instance.

I didn't think his criticisms were helpful at all.

-I couldn't believe he thought Ryan & Heidi were the couple to beat after their pop dance
    -He seemed to fault people based on the style of dance they pulled from the hat rather than how they performed it
    -Nothing constructive for them to work on at all. He could have at least given Aleksandra some specific note to improve next time rather than "You dance like a white girl" (true as that may be). And "I just didn't like it" is not a helpful comment to Ben & Ashlee at all.

Personally I found his comments a waste of time.

That said, yes, his choreography is awesome and he's a fantastic dancer. Just not a great judge, imho.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Newbie
    I remember when the judges started out last year, they were raw. Mia is a much better judge this year than last. I think over time Shane will improve. After all, he took back the extreme positive words he gave Heidi and Ryan when he reviewed the tapes later.

Nothing is wrong with his enthusiasm, he'll learn to channel it better over time.

Quote Originally Posted by devans00 View Post
    I remember when the judges started out last year, they were raw. Mia is a much better judge this year than last. I think over time Shane will improve. After all, he took back the extreme positive words he gave Heidi and Ryan when he reviewed the tapes later.

Nothing is wrong with his enthusiasm, he'll learn to channel it better over time.
    Maybe. I hope so.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Fogey
    Didn't Shane do the choreography for that fantastic routine Jamile and Desiree did last season? That dance and Artem's paso doble were my two favorite dances of the season. (Kamilah & Nick's disco dance would have been third.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast