+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Natalie - Season 2

FORT Fogey
    She's very pretty but I have to agree with drkim: Tonight's solo was the best dance she's done all season.

Since she didn't even dance fabulous with Benji (and Benji appears to be gold for the girls) I can't see her going much further. In fact, I thought she should have been out tonight and Allison should have stayed.

I have this feeling that Natalie needs to be the star in any routine she does so she overpowers her partners. Technically, her dance moves are fine -- where the overpowering comes in is with her head movements. When she should be dancing off into the background, she continues to shake her head like "Look at me!" and I find it really distracting. One of Donyelle's best attributes is that she knows how to use her head to say "Look at my partner!"

I think she could really use some classes in partner dances to become a really strong competitor. Otherwise, she's a really pretty girl who can dance. I just don't see her going much further.

Natalie does like the attention...something about her puts me off. She looks like Julia Roberts, and I liked her a lot at first when she was paired up with Musa, who seems much more genuine. But then she kept doing the sexy lip-quiver faces during every dance for a while; I wasn't sure if she was going to just dance with Musa or scromp him right onstage. A little of that goes a long way, too much is just kinda icky. She dances fine, but I am starting to think that the teary-eyed Natalie (after her dances, when people get sent home, ect.) isn't real. And I am put off by a lack of sencerity. So I was sad that she stayed and Allison went...I like Allison more.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolls View Post
    Natalie does like the attention...something about her puts me off. She looks like Julia Roberts, and I liked her a lot at first when she was paired up with Musa, who seems much more genuine. But then she kept doing the sexy lip-quiver faces during every dance for a while; I wasn't sure if she was going to just dance with Musa or scromp him right onstage. A little of that goes a long way, too much is just kinda icky. She dances fine, but I am starting to think that the teary-eyed Natalie (after her dances, when people get sent home, ect.) isn't real. And I am put off by a lack of sencerity. So I was sad that she stayed and Allison went...I like Allison more.
    I agree but I do think her tears are real. Tension and stress easily cause this uncontrollable reaction. She thought she was going home last night, so did I. The fact that Alison showed no reaction to going and gave us her signature smile speaks to her dismissal. We just did not see the girl beneath the smile.

Natalie is obviously dancing hurt which explains her tears after dances. As far as crying when people get booted, they all live in the same house and have probably gotten very close. Some people are just more emotional than others.

I agree with drkim somewhat- her solo this past week was phenomenal- I was like, "Where did THAT come from?"

It definitely showed why she's still here. But I just wish she would dance like that all the time.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Eliminated 8/3

Sad to see her go, loved the top three girls so it was hard choice.
    "Walking on poetry...she's a monologue in shakespearean tragedy"

FORT Newbie
    Natalie and Allison... I can't be the only one who picked up on that. I'd buy a ticket to that one. One barely legal and the other a smokin' hot Greek. I think I'm getting the vapors. My God is a cruel God for not putting me in the middle.

So Natalie's not humble enough for you? Newbies should be meek? Welcome to show biz. I'll take her the way she is, she has more passion than any five people I know. I like hot little Heidi, but Natalie can deal with Heidi's style... Heidi can't do the same with Natalie's style.

Ditto versatile Allison. Danielle plods. Nice girl though, outstanding human being... and pack a lunch if you get lucky with her.

Nigel and Cat... you heard it here first. I can smell this one like last week's tuna. Don't believe me, hide and watch.

I'm about ready for this season to be over... they s___can the best dancers for some nebulous, devious reason, and the judges mostly suck, like those two hip-hop girls making absurd comments on a slow waltz with their exaggerated Bronx accents. That one has hair so tight it hurts me.

BTW, was Martha hot, or what? She could take one step and leap over Donyelle's head, what a body she has. Did well with all styles, in my view. I'd let her give me a shoulder any time.

I don't get Mia, or Nigel. Are they trying to emulate Simon Cowell, in some way, but just don't know how? Really, the show sucks except for some of the dancers.

I was sad to see Natalie leave instead of Donyelle. Of course I thought Allison should still be around also.

I think the first time America voted on individuals and she was in the bottom she “realized” she was not going to win and it took the fire out of her. I truly think being in the bottom that first week of individual voting crushed her spirit. She is soooo emotional. I just adore her but feel her confidence took a fatal blow.

I really do think she is awesome.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Kao
    I'm thinking that maybe being the in cast hurt her votes. and that people wanted her to rest her leg rather than doing further damage to it. Either way, she's a winner in my book, and her leaving speech was the classiest thing I've seen in a while.

FORT Newbie
    Hmmm... I think Natalie needs to be partnered with a man, and Benji is the closest thing to one available... did she ever dance with him? I don't think so. He will continue with his west coast swing. Heidi will compete in ballroom and teach. Natalie will become famous. The rest will go home and teach kids to dance, or maybe dance in some skunky off broadway or hip hop shows.

BTW, I think most of the judges and choreographers are gay. There is nothing, however, wrong with being gay. Troy Aikman was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame today, and he is gay. No, I am not gay, although I am pretty sure that I will go to Mexico sometime before I get old and impotent and play checkers with a petite transsexual.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast