+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Donyelle Jones - Season 2

With You Until The End

YAAAAAAY for Donyelle!!!! (and Benji & Heidi too)

Finale here we come...

I LOVE Donyelle and I'm so happy for her. From the very start of the show she was one of my favorites, and week after week she's grown on me even more. My hope was for her to reach the finale, and I've been voting my fingers numb to help get her there. My ultimate pick for a winner is Benji, but I'm so glad my girl made it to the final 4. She's awesome and she deserves it! YOU GO GIRL, I'm riding with you!!

YAY DONYELLE! Congrats on making the final 4!

Im Samoan and Hawaiian *LeiLani*'s Avatar
    i hella love this girl im so rooting for her! yay
    "what do you call people in Tokyo?? Tokyians??" - Norelle

"I Didn't Know What Regal Meant so i didn't wanna say THANK YOU and it meant something bad" - Danielle

FORT Newbie
    I really liked Donyelle's original solo on Thursday - she deserves to be in the final 4. She has been one of my favourites right from the beginning!!

FORT Newbie
    Donyelle's a nice girl... but better than Natalie, or Allison, or even Ashlee... no way. NO WAY. If you recorded, turn the sound off and watch the dancers without music... that's the test. Donyelle plods. Great girl, extremely nice person. But should have been gone a while back. I'd let her hold my money before any of the others, but still not the best dancer... be honest and forget about personality. I know I do.

I'm not saying she can't choreograph hip-hop, or teach dance locally... that big-assed blond judge with the butch haircut does... but this is national TV. Obviously the fix is in. But who's shocked, they been doing that since radio days.

Flash - Cat got chosen to be hostess because she's Nigel's squeeze, in my opinion. BTW, Nigel is far worse than what's-his-name on American Idol as far as trying to steer opinion. Simon Cowell would never say the stupid stuff that Nigel Lythgoe says, obvious falsehoods and exaggerations.

But I don't claim to know what his exact objective is, except self-promotion, self-aggrandizement, and self-enrichment. But I'm not saying he's not a nice guy, cuz I don't know him personally.

Natalie and Allison got something going, too. Am I the only one that picked up on that? Beautiful... let me watch, girls. Mmmm... nice.
    Last edited by John; 08-05-2006 at 06:56 PM.

I have to say I'm surprised Donyelle made the final four. She is an awesome dancer, but I'd have put her in fourth for the ladies. She started the competition so strong, then when she was paired with Dmitri she had that bad samba routine, and just hasn't seemed herself since.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Poor Donyelle. They are going to kill her tonight. I am so fed up with people saying she needs to lose weight. This is not a fat girl at all. And the fact she might not get a lot of work is not her fault's but the world of dance's that is so narrow minded. I am sure she would be fabulous in modern dance. She just needs choreography that works with what she has. And her samba might not have been so great, but I'll take any day over Ivan's awful, stiff, unsensous tango.

Donyelle's Solo

Her solo was amazing!

She is intoxicating. She moves her body so freely; her emotions shows through her face even when her eyes are closed. Her actions are so genuine and fresh with a mixture of maturity. For someone to go from fierce to powerful to sultry to happiness to bold and finally to total freedom is astounding. On her final pose, she look like she was at peace with herself.

She performed three amazing solos, each very different from the other. The first one was dripping with female swagger, the second was beautiful even though her toe hindered it, and the last one was very peaceful. I believe that if she had to do more solos, there would have been much more variety.

She deserved to be in the final 4 and I look forward to attending one of her classes.

FORT Newbie
    Donyelle was amazing - I did not understand the judges put downs that night. I enjoyed each of her performances, especially her solo. And she was the one that stood out the most in the group number - all the way through, I kept thinking that she really "brought it on" during the last number. And she kept her head held high during all the criticism from the judges, and was a lady right to the end. I hope that my votes counted to help her win!!

No matter what - well done Donny - you have a great career ahead of you!!

It's sad- I was just rewatching some of the earlier episodes, and Donyelle TOTALLY stood out from the crowd from day one- her hip-hop and cha cha routines early on were amazing, and it wasn't just because of Benji's partnership, although I know he's really brought up everyone he's danced with- Donyelle was pulling her own weight and totally performing with the best of them early on.

I don't know if it was the injury or endurance or what, but since top 10, she just lost that magic until her solo last night. Here's hoping for the best for Donyelle!
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast