+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Donyelle Jones - Season 2

FORT Newbie
    Is it just me, or does it seem a bit unfair to place all the blame of Wednesday's performances on her weight? I thi nk that if Benji (who weighs about as much as my sixteen year old brother) could do lifts with her, shouldn't Dmitry?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropy View Post
    Is it just me, or does it seem a bit unfair to place all the blame of Wednesday's performances on her weight? I thi nk that if Benji (who weighs about as much as my sixteen year old brother) could do lifts with her, shouldn't Dmitry?
    It's not all her weight--it's also her toe. Because her foot is injured, she's unable to distribute her weight evenly and help her partner with the lifts by getting a good lift off of that foot. Dimitry covered for her A LOT.

FORT Fogey
    I didn't feel like we saw her best dancing last Wednesday, but it was good enough for me to want to keep her in the competition. Out of all the dancers who are left, I think Donyelle is the most expressive. I'm not a huge fan of hip hop and I even liked her solo.

I think, if Donyelle had been dancing at 100%, Wednesday's Samba would have been a huge hit.

I don't think her weight has anything to do with her dancing. In lifts the female also has a job to do, how she holds herself so she is not dead weight. It takes two do pull off a good lift. I think Wednesday she was just off her game for the first time. I don't think she had that samba learned well. She missed a lot of the footwork. It looked like Dmitri was actually leading her through some of the steps and cueing her. Maybe she missed some practice, or worked on the Lindy much more? I didn't see that problem in the Lindy at all - she knew that routine. But the samba was really bad on her part, her first truly bad dance. I hope she is back to normal this coming week.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Newbie
    Donyelle's weight has nothing to do with it, I have done lift sections before with tons of different girls and it was easier with bigger girls who KNEW how to shift their weight to just teh right placess in the lift then with TINY girls who weighed nothing but it felt like lifting up concrete pillars because they didn't know how to position themselves.

FORT Fogey
    The slide through Dimitri's legs looked awkward to me and the lifts did not appear effortless. It could be that she is not skilled in her part with them. Weight or no weight the Lindy was awkward. I went back and looked again, focusing only on Donyelle; it just didn't work well.

FORT Newbie
    Donyelle is far and away my favorite dancer this season. I always watch the show anticipating when she'll come on then pay attention less when she's done.

Since the small blonde girl got an injury before the Las Vegas stage was over, that shows me injuries are more about being a dancer and less about size.

I'm a bit worried about Donyelle.

If her injury is so serious she can't do the group numbers and was THAT off in her lindy and samba (she was WAYYYYY off mark), I think she should be taken out of the competition. It would be a pretty tragic to have to leave when she's a front-runner because of an injury, but it sure beats pressing through and messing up her body so much she can't dance anymore.

Or maybe she is being safe and not practicing too much on her toe? That would explain why her performances were so bad this week. But if that continues to be the case, it would be a real shame to lose one of the other girls who is progressing and giving us great performances.

Either way, even though Donyelle used to be far and away my favorite in this show, I think she should go home if her dancing doesn't improve next week.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I have to agree with Aota, if she is as bad this coming week as that samba, then I hope she leaves next.

But she did dance in the group dance this week - Natalie did not. So I think Donyelle's injury can't be that bad since she was in the group dance. So I really don't know why she was so off this past week.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

I never thought Donyelle was all that great. I think Martha was MUCH better - sa( to see her go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast