+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Donyelle Jones - Season 2

Black Belt Beauty KarateGirl1387's Avatar
    Donyelle is one of my favorites, too! As for the lifts, it doesn't appear that Benji is having too much trouble, and if he is, he doesn't show it. Yeah, and I was also annoyed that Nigel pointed out "issues" with her weight. I mean, the girl has an awesome body (that doesn't look ridiculously anorexic and unhealthy) and is a great dancer!
    "Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire."

You always here about how much weight the television camera adds, but seriously I guess I never believed it really made that much of a difference. But there's a blogger who went to the taping and got in a picture with Donyelle and goodness she's soooo much smaller than she looks on the taping. I would say the blogger is average size and Donyelle is much smaller than her. I will try to find the link again to post it here.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by KarateGirl1387 View Post
    Donyelle is one of my favorites, too! As for the lifts, it doesn't appear that Benji is having too much trouble, and if he is, he doesn't show it. Yeah, and I was also annoyed that Nigel pointed out "issues" with her weight. I mean, the girl has an awesome body (that doesn't look ridiculously anorexic and unhealthy) and is a great dancer!
    I might have missed that cause I don't remember, what did Nigel say about her weight?

I think she's a lot chunkier looking than the other dancers which I don't really understand cause she does the same amount of exercise as them so sometimes when she dances it doesn't look as clean to me cause she doesn't have the same silhouettes as the others.
    Not saying that's a bad thing and she has a good body compared to normal people, I think its just for dancers, you'd expect them to have a much leaner body.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by KarateGirl1387 View Post
    Yeah, and I was also annoyed that Nigel pointed out "issues" with her weight. I mean, the girl has an awesome body (that doesn't look ridiculously anorexic and unhealthy) and is a great dancer!
    Donyelle, herself, opened up the subject early in the season. She referred to her own body as thick. This did not come out of the blue from Nigel. She is open about her weight issue. Yes, she is beautiful, not anorexic, yada, yada, yada, but she is heavier than a dancer usually is. She knows it is a problem in this field. That is all.

Ok so here's the link to the picture of Donyelle I was talking about, still of course not as small as the other girls on the show, but smaller than she looks on the show http://pics.livejournal.com/aprilbeg...2s0af/s640x480

i dont care if she (thinks she) has weight issues or not -- the girl CAN dance -- no thinking about it!!!

"Inside me is a skinny woman screaming to get out, But.... I can usually shut her up with some cookies!"

Just seen Donyelle on Missy Elliot's Pass That Dutch video! She was awsome. Someone had posted that she was on this video, so I checked it out. She is in the first dance sequence (in a hot black leather outfit) on the far left. She gets a 1/2 a second close up.

She can really move her body! It is a great accomplishment if you can get onto one of Missy Elliot's videos.

If it is okay the video is on here

www (dot) radium (dot)com (ford slash) work (ford slash) missy_01 (dot) php#
    Just click on view spot and the video will come up. She is seriously working her body on this video.

Black Belt Beauty KarateGirl1387's Avatar
    Oops, my mistake! I had thought Nigel said something negative about her weight, but yes, it was Donyelle who had addressed this herself and how in the past she felt pressured to lose weight in order to fit the dancer image.
    "Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire."

Okay so we all agree that Benji and Donnyelle are great partners and great dancers but these Judges all to seem to be giving props to Benji and waving Donyelle on through, give Donyelle her props too, I dont know maybe I'm being too picky but after they're done gushing over Benji Im sitting there waiting for some gushiness for Donyelle.
    Freedom, Justice & Equality For All

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast