+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Donyelle Jones - Season 2

Especially since Donyelle is a recognized alternate pronounciation/spelling of Danielle.

I think she's fantastic.
    I wasn't sure whether I was going to be annoyed with Nigel for pointing out that she's had some issues with her weight as he's generally not very tactful.
    I think he was absolutely right in what he said though.
    To me, she commands the stage, it takes some doing to partner with Benji and have people watch you rather than him, imo.
    I think she has a great shape.
    Look at Mia, she's no waif.
    When you can move you can move.

FORT Fogey
    She is fabulous and I expect to see both Benji and her standing together in the end. They are going to be tough to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    I think she's fantastic.
    I wasn't sure whether I was going to be annoyed with Nigel for pointing out that she's had some issues with her weight as he's generally not very tactful.
    I think he was absolutely right in what he said though.
    To me, she commands the stage, it takes some doing to partner with Benji and have people watch you rather than him, imo.
    I think she has a great shape.
    Look at Mia, she's no waif.
    When you can move you can move.
    I though Nigel was very tactful and sensitive with the weight issue, I liked what he said and how he said it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    Totally agree on this. He's well-trained in partner dancing and should excel at it. She is definitely a good match for him because she showed this week that she can hold her own (and some) in partner dancing. She was fabulous!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    Groan, and there is always Sheneekqua (am I spelling that right, LOL!) and all the other made up "African" names. Groan
    By the way, those are made-up French names, not African.

I totally loved Donyelle in that lavender dress. She had the sexiest back I've seen on TV in a long time. Gotta love the foot to the butt move at the end of the Cha Cha. Now only if I could figure out a way to work that move into my everyday life.

Jaslene/Felicia-Mollie<3 Cath31's Avatar
    I agree with all of you! She's my favorite girl so far! I just love her!

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    I love Donyelle, and I really feel her weight would be a factor in only two cases: if she was going for ballet, where anorexia is an art, or if she was flabby, which she's not. There have been plenty of larger dancers on Broadway and in other venues, and I don't think Donyelle's size should be a factor in her success.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

FORT Fogey
    I'm wondering if her weight will be an issue if she and Benji get any dances with lifts? I understand that weight isn't a huge factor when the male has been trained to do lifts. Is this true?

Unlike Blake (from last season), Benji has been trained to do lifts so it may not make a bit of difference to him.

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727 View Post
    I'm wondering if her weight will be an issue if she and Benji get any dances with lifts? I understand that weight isn't a huge factor when the male has been trained to do lifts. Is this true?
    It really depends on the lift performed.

Some are much more about timing and technique, and the liftee's weight doesn't really matter as long as she knows how to keep herself taut and timed perfectly with her partner. In other lifts, like the Dirty Dancing move, weight does play more of an role.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast