+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 161
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Benji Schwimmer - Season 2 (Choreographer)

  1. #81
    Big Electric Cat jasmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie727 View Post
    He makes me really really happy when I see him dance!!! He's incredibly interesting to watch! Dancing looks like so much fun when he's dancing! He's just the best!
    That's it in a nutshell. Every moment he's on stage, I'm smiling. Even the more serious routines, I just smile in enjoyment. The only other performers in recent memory who evoke a similar response were Marty and Mig from Rockstar last year.
    Token Christian.

    If truth is relative, how do you know?

  2. #82
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Blaine, WA
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar View Post
    That's it in a nutshell. Every moment he's on stage, I'm smiling. Even the more serious routines, I just smile in enjoyment. The only other performers in recent memory who evoke a similar response were Marty and Mig from Rockstar last year.

    I couldn't agree more. I get so much enjoyment from watching Benji dance, I can't adequately put it in words. He's the reason I look forward to this show all week. What a joy he is. His parents must be proud as can be. He's not only a phenomenal dancer, but a delightful young man as well. There are not enough superlatives.................. ........

  3. #83
    FORT Fogey Cornedbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    1,652
    Benji is the best dancer in this competition, but looking back at the audition stage, when he was asked to do a solo routine he froze and asked the judges if he could do his routine with Heidi.

  4. #84
    FORT Fogey aname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,320
    In sheer versatility alone, Benji outshines the competition - all of them male and female. He has the personality, charisma, and charm to go along with all that talent. He may not be the best looking guy in the competition, but he is the most talented and likeable.

  5. #85
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,207
    I can see him getting a lot of commercial work after this is over. He'd make a great spokes-dancer for something like Pepsi or Coke, cellular phones, pizza -- shoot! Almost any "happy" product!

  6. #86
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef View Post
    Benji is the best dancer in this competition, but looking back at the audition stage, when he was asked to do a solo routine he froze and asked the judges if he could do his routine with Heidi.
    I didn't get the impression that he froze - his strength is swing dancing, which obviously makes a better impression with a partner, and he wisely chose Heidi, who 1) he is very familiar with, and 2) she had already made it to the finals, so he knew she wouldn't drag his performance down.

  7. #87
    Ladadida hungry_hippo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    734
    I've actually lost all the ''Benji Love'' I used to have. It seems to me that he's begun to realise how much the judges and the crowd love him and it's gotten to his head. He's not the same funny geeky underdog he was at the begining.

  8. #88
    Luscious Pichus Pookipichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by hungry_hippo View Post
    I've actually lost all the ''Benji Love'' I used to have. It seems to me that he's begun to realise how much the judges and the crowd love him and it's gotten to his head. He's not the same funny geeky underdog he was at the begining.
    I agree, I rooted for Benji early on when I felt the judges were overly critical of him. However, now that it's a Benji-love-a-thon, I feel like he is mindlessly praised.

    My slide away from him started when his antics started to seem forced and calculated. Trying too hard to be goofy and liked which Jessica and Jaymyez tried to imitate. It all seemed so phony when compared to Ben and Ivan's natural goofiness. Benji just LOOKS goofy, but the goof is not with him. It seems like a defense mechanism to detract from how queer he seems. Before everyone starts in about his former girlfriend... can we say Mormon and religious pressure? Not that I'm 100% sure, but I get the Lance Bass vibe from him. No doubt Benji will soon be in the Playboy mansion with twins doing jello shots off his rippled abs, afterwords proceeding quickly to the restroom to wash off "icky" girl saliva.

    Anyhoo, back to his dancing. He's an amazing swing dancer. Hip-hop? not so amazing. Contemporary? Nawwww. Ballroom dancing? Sure. Broadway? Twinkle toes and jazz hands and he's brilliant at it.

    Best all around dancer? Probably Travis. Most improved dancer? Definitely Ivan. So that leaves Benji, the best swing dancer. Who's arguably done his best dances when paired with Heidi, his cousin, who he's been dancing with for years. Can we say unfair advantage? Let's see Dmitry, paired with another ballroom specialist and see if Benji is so great...

    PS- Nathalie and Dmitry would have sizzled even though she's not a ballroom girl.


    Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

  9. #89
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookipichu View Post
    I agree, I rooted for Benji early on when I felt the judges were overly critical of him. However, now that it's a Benji-love-a-thon, I feel like he is mindlessly praised.

    My slide away from him started when his antics started to seem forced and calculated. Trying too hard to be goofy and liked which Jessica and Jaymyez tried to imitate. It all seemed so phony when compared to Ben and Ivan's natural goofiness. Benji just LOOKS goofy, but the goof is not with him. It seems like a defense mechanism to detract from how queer he seems. Before everyone starts in about his former girlfriend... can we say Mormon and religious pressure? Not that I'm 100% sure, but I get the Lance Bass vibe from him. No doubt Benji will soon be in the Playboy mansion with twins doing jello shots off his rippled abs, afterwords proceeding quickly to the restroom to wash off "icky" girl saliva.

    Anyhoo, back to his dancing. He's an amazing swing dancer. Hip-hop? not so amazing. Contemporary? Nawwww. Ballroom dancing? Sure. Broadway? Twinkle toes and jazz hands and he's brilliant at it.

    Best all around dancer? Probably Travis. Most improved dancer? Definitely Ivan. So that leaves Benji, the best swing dancer. Who's arguably done his best dances when paired with Heidi, his cousin, who he's been dancing with for years. Can we say unfair advantage? Let's see Dmitry, paired with another ballroom specialist and see if Benji is so great...

    PS- Nathalie and Dmitry would have sizzled even though she's not a ballroom girl.
    I agree with you completely. I've actually been off the Benji Bandwagon for a long while now, so it's nice to hear others feel the same. Great dancer, but the best dancer? Worthy of praise, but worship? I think not.

  10. #90
    Ladadida hungry_hippo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookipichu View Post
    I agree, I rooted for Benji early on when I felt the judges were overly critical of him. However, now that it's a Benji-love-a-thon, I feel like he is mindlessly praised.

    My slide away from him started when his antics started to seem forced and calculated. Trying too hard to be goofy and liked which Jessica and Jaymyez tried to imitate. It all seemed so phony when compared to Ben and Ivan's natural goofiness. Benji just LOOKS goofy, but the goof is not with him. It seems like a defense mechanism to detract from how queer he seems. Before everyone starts in about his former girlfriend... can we say Mormon and religious pressure? Not that I'm 100% sure, but I get the Lance Bass vibe from him. No doubt Benji will soon be in the Playboy mansion with twins doing jello shots off his rippled abs, afterwords proceeding quickly to the restroom to wash off "icky" girl saliva.

    Anyhoo, back to his dancing. He's an amazing swing dancer. Hip-hop? not so amazing. Contemporary? Nawwww. Ballroom dancing? Sure. Broadway? Twinkle toes and jazz hands and he's brilliant at it.

    Best all around dancer? Probably Travis. Most improved dancer? Definitely Ivan. So that leaves Benji, the best swing dancer. Who's arguably done his best dances when paired with Heidi, his cousin, who he's been dancing with for years. Can we say unfair advantage? Let's see Dmitry, paired with another ballroom specialist and see if Benji is so great...

    PS- Nathalie and Dmitry would have sizzled even though she's not a ballroom girl.


    And I thought I was alone on this one . Many have labeled him as the best all around dancer in this competition which i believe is 100% false. Allison, Travis, Ivan are much better all around than he is. I guess the fans like him because he's a mormon that shakes his tush. And Heidi doesn't have the great skill that the judges brag about. She is good, yes, unarguable, but definitely not top 3 girls.

    As cousins, they do have an unfair advantage since they've had many years experience. They never paired 'Allison and Travis' or 'Dmitry and Heidi' together. Why didn't they ? Because it's an unfair advantage for a couple like say 'Ivan and Ashlee' or 'Ryan and Joy' who have never danced together.

    If they chose their partners randomly then fine. It was a fluke. But if the producers have anything to do with this it's very unfair.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.