+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Benji Schwimmer - Season 2 (Choreographer)

If this guy doesn't win it, I'll be very very surprised! He is definitely the one who SHOULD win it.

FORT Newbie
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Yay, I read the other forum and it says that he's pairing up with Heidi this week. Now this is a show I can't miss.
    Last edited by Amanda; 07-25-2006 at 09:56 PM.

I think Benji is the only male who has a chance to win this year. I've felt it would be a female all season long, but Benji has really come on strong.

Go to http://www.usopenswingdc.com/
    They finally posted the entire winning dance of Heidi and Benji in 2005.
    On the right side is the link to their winning video, below is Jordan and Tatiana's winning video, another well known west coast swing couple. Maybe they'll try out next year?

I wonder if Heidi and Benji will compete again this November at the WCSwing championships? I bet there are many new faces in the audience!
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Newbie
    I know Benji. Benji is NOT gay.

Jordan and Tatiana are brilliant as well. It would be cool to see them on the show next year. However, I don't think they would be a versatile as Heidi and Benji.

The whole "Is Benji gay" thing is ridiculous. Ugh. I'll say it again, heaven forbid a guy should show some personality on stage - he must automatically be gay!
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Newbie
    Agreed.

I am not a day one Benji fan. I have simply watched him week in and out outdance everyone.

I also think he raised Donyelle up. She is the luckiest of everyone in terms of partners. I thought it might be Musa, Ivan or Ryan who were luckier, but while their partners brought them up somewhat to not be embarassing. Benji brought great performances out of Donyelle. I thought she was okay with Dmitre but not great. Dmitre outshined her, imo. But with Travis, the quick step was one of the worst dances I have seen all season. So, no, I don't think Benji has had an unfair advantage in terms of partners. I think he simply does well no matter with whom or what he dances.

After last night, Benji is so far ahead of everyone else that I don't see how they can catch up. I consider Allison to be pretty impressive as well, week in and out, with a fairly weak partner. I like pretty much everyone left, but it is time for Ryan and Ivan to go. The girls, however, are all great so I have to say Donyelle simply because Natalie and Heidi and Allison did better last night and probably even the week before.

I agree with kyrjar - I hate to say it but I also think Benji is the reason Donyelle looked so good. She has been average since. I think Benji is a great partner. He was such an underdog in my mind in the beginning, but with this last round, I think he should win.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Fogey
    Benji is my choice to win too.

I started out NOT liking him at all. He acted like a baby when he thought he wasn't going to make the final group in auditions. He just seemed like a total drama queen and an amatuer dancer to boot. (Just judging from the auditions.)

Instead, he's turned out to be a really strong dancer in almost everything. He's a fabulous partner for whoever gets him (though Natalie didn't take advantage of that -- cuz the two of them weren't great). He's really geeky but, from the huge fanclub he has, I guess girls like geeks.

But the number one reason why I think he'll win this whole competition:

He makes me really really happy when I see him dance!!! He's incredibly interesting to watch! Dancing looks like so much fun when he's dancing! He's just the best!

I can see a lot of people signing up for West Coast Swing classes after this show is over!

I really hope Benji & Heidi's exposure here leads to more interest in West Coast Swing, gracie! That would be wonderful!

And I hope more people seek out local dance companies of all kinds, because it tends to be just the really top companies that get audiences (and a very particular type, at that). I'd love to see more people bringing friends and family to local modern companies' shows after realizing they enjoy some contemporary dance on SYTYCD.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

+ Reply to Thread