+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Benji Schwimmer - Season 2 (Choreographer)

FORT Fogey
    I have a lot of gay friends. Some radiate it to even the gaydar challenged, others appear straight and others produce question marks.

It is not insulting to guess or try to figure out if someone may be gay. It is all about the intent behind the quest. Are you just curious or ready to lock and load. Big difference.

Gay men speculate themselves, all the time.

A majority of male dancers are gay so the odds are that some of these men are. Because it is fun, I am going to guess.

Musa is not. Got one right.
    Benji went out of his way to mention an ex girlfriend. No need to do that really unless you are trying to stand out in the crowd as straight in a gay dominated profession. The simultaneous truth is that he is a Mormon and may want to give the message to his church he is straight. He could go either way. My gut tells me he is gay. Gay men often have close straight women friends. My best friend is gay and we hug each other all the time and have a very flirtatious relationship.

Ryan-yes
    Dimitri-yes
    Travis-could go either way.
    Ivan-yes
    Jaymz-yes

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    Ryan-yes
    Dimitri-yes
    Ivan-yes
    Jaymz-yes
    So wait.I don't really understand. You think Ryan,Dmitry,Ivan and Jaymz are all gay?!?!

Jaslene/Felicia-Mollie<3 Cath31's Avatar
    I have a lot of gay friends. Some radiate it to even the gaydar challenged, others appear straight and others produce question marks.

It is not insulting to guess or try to figure out if someone may be gay. It is all about the intent behind the quest. Are you just curious or ready to lock and load. Big difference.

A majority of male dancers are gay so the odds are that some of these men are. Because it is fun, I am going to guess.

Benji went out of his way to mention an ex girlfriend. No need to do that really unless you are trying to stand out in the crowd as straight in a gay dominated profession. The simultaneous truth is that he is a Mormon and may want to give the message to his church he is straight. He could go either way. My gut tells me he is gay. Gay men often have close straight women friends. My best friend is gay and we hug each other all the time and have a very flirtatious relationship.

Ryan-yes
    Dimitri-yes
    Ivan-yes
    Jaymz-yes
    Ivan is not gay. I saw that on his myspace. His girlfriend is named April.

Ryan-yes
    Dimitri-yes
    Ivan-yes
    Jaymz-yes

This discussion needs its own thread- I don't know how Benji would feel about it being in his

Benji strikes me as straight straight straight straight straight! My gaydar is often quite off, but he strikes me as Mormon through and through- the out gay Mormons I know (all three of them) remained religious but not with the Mormon church because of the church's policy against homosexuality. They certainly wouldn't give up their passion and life for a year to do missionary work. Also, not to stereotype, but many Mormon families support their children of either gender in the arts of all kinds- music, dance, whatever- and it isn't necessarily considered effeminate.

I would also guess Dmitry is straight, just because dance has a whole different meaning for men in Russia- you can be a ballroom or ballet dancer and it's not considered a gay-suspicious profession for Russians.

I have no clue about Jaymz, but my gaydar (again, not always very accurate) picks up a strong vibe from Ryan and Travis and a softer vibe from Ivan.
    Last edited by Aota Bass; 07-08-2006 at 06:08 PM.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Fogey
    If we are going to vote on this... I don't think Benji is gay. Neither are Musa and Dmitri. Ivan and Jaymz, I dunno. I think Ryan and Travis are both gay.

But who cares? Unless one of them is dating/living with Brian again, I don't think it has any bearing on this show!!

FORT Fogey
    Of course it has no bearing on this show! You missed the point. We are speculating for the hell of it.

I changed my mind on Ivan, straight.

These dancers don't care if this is discussed! They are in a predominately gay male field. It happens to them all the time. It only matters to those who think it is not PC to wonder.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 07-09-2006 at 08:52 AM.

Black Belt Beauty KarateGirl1387's Avatar
    I agree, Dogbat. They're in a field where it's not unheard of for males to be homosexual (as sad as that is because it seems like a double standard to me--you don't hear very many people accusing women of being homosexual if they're involved in a lot of sports) so they're probably used to it. Though I don't think we shouldn't assume anything. As for me, who cares if he is or he isn't, he's so entertaining to watch and has got a great personality!
    "Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire."

FORT Newbie
    Who knows if Benji is gay or not? To me, it doesn't matter if he is or isn't; I think he's a sweetheart.

As for the rest of 'em, Jaymz (hate that spelling!) has a GF, and supposedly Ivan has a GF as well. Dmitri seems as straight as straight can be, and Musa is definitely very heterosexual IMO.

FORT Fogey
    OF COURSE, it doesn't matter. groan

Speculation about women being lesbians in sports happens all the time. There is nothing sad about homosexuality, ever.

FORT Newbie
    Benji went out of his way to mention an ex girlfriend. No need to do that really unless you are trying to stand out in the crowd as straight in a gay dominated profession.
    If Benji's breakdown when he was selected was deliberate, then he is should be an actor not a dancer.

+ Reply to Thread