+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Benji Schwimmer - Season 2 (Choreographer)

Sure I did. So happy the he won

It was great to see his Dad's reaction.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I was happy for him. I really thought he earned it all season long.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    He reminds me of a young Dick Van Dyke - slender, rather tall, and gawky - but extremely agile. Both of these guys deserve to win, and although Travis is better suited to a contemporary backup role, I think Benji is more versatile and could adapt.
    Benji is half Dick Van Dyke and half Donald O'Connor; that is why I adored him from the beginning. As Nigel said, "It's not America's Best Technical Dancer, it's America's Favorite Dancer."

I like all styles of dance but when I'm watching a variety show like SYTYCD, I like best the entire package: dancability, personality, and good back story. When I watch Ballroom dancing shows on PBS, I could care less about who or what they are off camera, I look for technical excellence (and GREAT ball gowns).

I had no idea that Travis was so young...18 years only. But whatever their ages, I prefer Benji but give props to Travis for sheer style.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    I would have beem happy with either of them.

I thought what they did to the ladies was cruel. "You didn't win. Here are some flowers, oh and we need you to not cry and dance now." I thought both of them handled the cruddy way they treated them very well.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    Benji is half Dick Van Dyke and half Donald O'Connor; that is why I adored him from the beginning. As Nigel said, "It's not America's Best Technical Dancer, it's America's Favorite Dancer."

I think you nailed it. Benji has that rare star quality that only comes around every so often. And I don't think he was acting or trying to be funny. He was just being himself which is why he captured the hearts of so many people in America, mine included. I too have adored him from the very beginning and am so thrilled that he won this. And while I'm looking forward to next season I just can't imagine another great personality like Benji on the show. Oh well, I've saved every one of my tapes from this season so I'll just have to rewatch them every so often whenever I need to get my Benji fix.

FORT Newbie
    I am really excited for Benji. He is a great guy. I run in similar social circles, and friends of mine who are friends of his have kept me up to date. It's worth noting that Benji was really sick.

One friend wrote me: "this Monday he got sick while eating and started spitting up blood. Apparently he's been so nervous and anxious the past few weeks that he hasn't been sleeping. All that stress takes a toll. "

Another friend wrote:

"I just spoke to Buddy Benji's dad. I called him from Israel and his phone is ringing off the hook. He is so happy and proud of his son. I told him that the whole swing community is proud of Benji.

Some good things are happening and you will see the ripple efect that this will have on this young mans life. anyway Benji is on his way to NYC to do a morning show which I can not disclose yet. I'm just not sure which day etc.. yet but you should be able to see him soon again"

I'm very happy Benji won. He was my favorite all the way through. I would have been okay with Travis or Heidi winning as well - but I realized last night when they were about to read the results, that I really, really wanted it to be Benji.

I'd love to see a return to the variety shows of the past, with Benji and Heidi hosting - music, dance, skits, etc. I think it could be a huge hit for them.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I am also glad he won. He is the whole package - ability, versatility, and personality. If he has the drive to go along with the rest - the sky's the limit for this young man. Good Luck Benji - you earned the win!

Iam happy he won he needed to win

What's reality???
    Quote Originally Posted by Wexie View Post
    ...anyway Benji is on his way to NYC to do a morning show which I can not disclose yet. I'm just not sure which day etc.. yet but you should be able to see him soon again"
    I also heard a rumor that he was going to be on Regis & Kelly, maybe Friday. I looked on their website and it does say that he'll be on there. Gotta set my vcr!!!

+ Reply to Thread