+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Benji Schwimmer - Season 2 (Choreographer)

Nimmy is my American Idol Enya Windo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ewokchic View Post
    Jeez people, this isn't an audition for the Celine Dion show. ... I personally am rooting for Heidi, but since I know it is between the guys I think Benji should win. He's a lot of fun to watch and a natural performer (and it should go without saying, but yes he is also a very talented dancer, despite those Travis fans who think Travis is the only talent left in the competition).
    Yeah, I would like Benji to win because of the spotlight it will bring and because of the other prizes, but I think he's way too big a personality to be Celine's backup dancer. He needs to be front and center, even if it's only for one number in a Broadway show.

Does he get to decline the Celine D. offer if he wins? I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by ewokchic View Post
    And on a side note, just cuz I am sick of all the Travis "pimping," I have to say that every time I watch him, all I see is a very talented BOY. The guy doesn't have an ounce of masculinity in his body (in my opinion), and that makes him utterly boring for me. I know I know, Benji has some feminine qualities, but I am not saying that Travis seems girly or gay to me (that wouldn't bother me)... I just get a very young and naive feel from him, whereas Benji seems to have more depth and is therefore more interesting to me.
    Neither of them screams "gay" to me, but I agree, Travis seems like someone's kid brother.

Benji seems even less "effeminate." I think if his face were less "geeky" nobody would even think of calling him "effeminate." He's too much of a clown to seem really "sexy" in most of his routines, but to me he can pull that off in a romantic partner dance better than Travis does.

Someone at another site recently raised the question of what makes "performing" (entertaining) different from "showing off." A lot of the time, when I watch Travis I'm impressed with his technique, e.g., his spins and arabesques, but I have no real desire to watch them. I usually find Benji more entertaining even when his footwork isn't perfect.
    But Travis's contemporary skills will make him a perfect backup dancer for Celine. He just doesn't seem like a star. Both Heidi and Donyelle have more star quality than Travis, to me.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookipichu View Post
    Has anyone else noticed he tries too hard to make people think he's straight... it's sort of sad but I'm sure it's because of religious pressure. Perhaps dancing is his catharsis.
    benji is soooo not gay. remember he said,"when I came back from my mission, i got a wedding invitation and my name wasn't on it."

anyways: I love you Benji! You rock!
    Last edited by John; 08-14-2006 at 08:57 PM.

Nothing about Benji seems gay to me. On the other hand, the more I see Travis, the more my gayday goes off (and I don't think its because he is just young and naive). Benji is a geek, a very talented geek with a wonderful personality and a consumate entertainer. He reminds me of a young Dick Van Dyke - slender, rather tall, and gawky - but extremely agile. Both of these guys deserve to win, and although Travis is better suited to a contemporary backup role, I think Benji is more versatile and could adapt.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Benji and Travis rock.They are wonderful dancer.I wish that they both can win.VOTE FOR TRANJI TO WIN!

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by MajiH View Post
    Benji and Travis rock.They are wonderful dancer.I wish that they both can win.VOTE FOR TRANJI TO WIN!
    Wow. Looks like my 11yo daughter was on my account last night. Imagine my surprise at reading the above. Thought perhaps I got wicked drunk and forgot I had been here.

Yes, we love Benji and Travis in our house.

FORT Fan
    Benji seems smug to me... Can't put my finger on it exactly, but I'm not a fan...

I wondered at your diction in that post, Maji! My dd loves Benji (she likes Travis, too). Of course, my husband is a goofball, so Beji's personality is familiar to her.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Newbie
    I love Benji SOOOOOO much! If he doesn't win, I will rip my couch apart!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirocks View Post
    I love Benji SOOOOOO much! If he doesn't win, I will rip my couch apart!
    I would vote to see that.

Gee, didn't anyone stick around to see Benji win!?

I was delighted, but it wouldn't have broken my heart if Travis had won. They're both excellent to watch.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

+ Reply to Thread