+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Benji Schwimmer - Season 2 (Choreographer)

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Which boy is non-threatening - Benji or Travis?
    I would say the most non-threatening to girls between the two is definitely Travis.

benji, benji, benji anyone wanna guess my favorite!?!
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

credit 2 antmNatasha Fan of ANTM's Avatar
    The hip hop with Travis was the best of the night in my opinion.But I still want Donyelle to win.
    Kari Schmidt of ANTM likes my Artwork

So much energy when he dances....like it a lot

I really liked the hip hop routine he did with Travis this week.
    Considering neither of them specialize in that field I thought they did a fantastic job.
    I was pleased Mia wasn't on the panel this week attempting to skew the votes in favour of Travis.
    I thought her comment about Benji's limitations seemed very harsh.
    Admittedly she's an expert and I'm not though.

It makes sense contemporary would be his weakness. It's not just lack of training, but west coast swing is ALL about musicality- you play along with the pops, accents, breaks, and mood of the music, especially as a lead, who guides the partner through the music. West coast swing without musicality is just plain bad.

Contemporary choreographers, on the other hand, are all about movement and will usually choreograph first, then search for music that fits. Contemporary dancers consider it really amateurish to try to make a "routine" set to a particular song.

So I'm sure Mia and Benji just speak totally different languages when it comes to dancing. They have different philosophies, backgrounds, and ideas of what makes "good" dancing. I started out in contemporary but have since been taken in by the west coast swing and hustle- both have benefits and drawbacks, but I just find west coast swing a much more natural and playful and social way of dancing.

I'm sure Benji will win. I can't imagine it happening any other way. And despite my strong preference for Travis, I would be fine with Benji winning as long as he chooses not to do Mia's show, because I really think it would be a shame for Benji's career when he has such bright prospects in the swing world to spend a year doing something that's such a poor fit. And I can see Mia firing him as soon as she can, no matter how much of a fanbase he has. There's too many other dancers who would do anything for a chance to be in Mia's show. Let them have Benji's spot- he can keep doing what he loves and is great at. Unless, I guess, Benji secretly dreams of being a contemporary dancer... but I doubt that.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    I really liked the hip hop routine he did with Travis this week.
    Considering neither of them specialize in that field I thought they did a fantastic job.
    I was pleased Mia wasn't on the panel this week attempting to skew the votes in favour of Travis.
    I thought her comment about Benji's limitations seemed very harsh.
    Admittedly she's an expert and I'm not though.
    Mia may be an expert in contemporary choreography, but I thought her comments about Benji's "limitations" were uncalled for. He is no more limited in contemporary dance than Travis is in ballroom. Yet, she gives Travis a tongue bath, and stomps on Benji's skills. Give me a whomping-good time with some lively swing dancers over some lyrical routine anytime.

Travis's solo on Wed night was lovely, but Benji rocked the house.

Benji will win because of his fans....not because of his dancing.

Travis should win because he is the only one out of the 4 left that would be a perfect fit for the dance job working backup to Celine Dion....He knows that well. Benji would be stifled in growth....but it doesnt matter because Benji will win.

KCC
    FORT Newbie
    If Benji wins the competition and turns down the gig on the Celine Dion show, it would not surprise me if that position was automatically offered to Travis. Didn't Mia say something about wanting to work with him (hinting at a job offer)? I took it that Travis has a job with Mia pretty much locked up, regardless of the outcome of this competition.

I would also think it is possible that the winner(s) will be offered more than one job. Is there something extra special about the CD show that makes it a more valuable win than say, a big time Broadway show?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20 View Post
    Benji will win because of his fans....not because of his dancing.

Travis should win because he is the only one out of the 4 left that would be a perfect fit for the dance job working backup to Celine Dion....He knows that well. Benji would be stifled in growth....but it doesnt matter because Benji will win.
    Jeez people, this isn't an audition for the Celine Dion show. We're looking for America's favorite dancer here, and there is no rule that he or she must be a contemporary dancer. I personally am rooting for Heidi, but since I know it is between the guys I think Benji should win. He's a lot of fun to watch and a natural performer (and it should go without saying, but yes he is also a very talented dancer, despite those Travis fans who think Travis is the only talent left in the competition). And on a side note, just cuz I am sick of all the Travis "pimping," I have to say that every time I watch him, all I see is a very talented BOY. The guy doesn't have an ounce of masculinity in his body (in my opinion), and that makes him utterly boring for me. I know I know, Benji has some femine qualities, but I am not saying that Travis seems girly or gay to me (that wouldn't bother me)... I just get a very young and naive feel from him, whereas Benji seems to have more depth and is therefore more interesting to me.

+ Reply to Thread