+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 161
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Benji Schwimmer - Season 2 (Choreographer)

  1. #91
    FORT Fan lalou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    208
    .[/QUOTE]As cousins, they do have an unfair advantage since they've had many years experience. They never paired 'Allison and Travis' or 'Dmitry and Heidi' together. Why didn't they ? Because it's an unfair advantage for a couple like say 'Ivan and Ashlee' or 'Ryan and Joy' who have never danced together.

    If they chose their partners randomly then fine. It was a fluke. But if the producers have anything to do with this it's very unfair.[/QUOTE]

    I think this is pretty unfair to Benji and Heidi - they both made the finals on their own merits and deserve their places in the final 4 (IMO). Partner names are drawn out of a hat each week and on 1 occasion they were drawn together. Are they to be penalized for both being so strong and being related?

  2. #92
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by lalou View Post
    I think this is pretty unfair to Benji and Heidi - they both made the finals on their own merits and deserve their places in the final 4 (IMO). Partner names are drawn out of a hat each week and on 1 occasion they were drawn together. Are they to be penalized for both being so strong and being related?
    The hat draw isn't random. They pick the stuff out of a hat, yes, but the hat is stacked between draws. Notice that they never say anything about the draws being random: they just say that the contestants pick from the hat.

    That said, I'm fine with Benji and Heidi getting strong reviews for what they did: at least the show told us they were cousins.

  3. #93
    FORT Fogey kyrjar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    923
    Some of the statements in this thread are wrong on so many levels, but I do not feel like perpetuating the comments.

    Benji and Travis have come on so strong that the once girls-oriented show has now become a two-man show. Still think that Benji gets the nod for just being more consistently fabulous week after week across many styles, and bringing his partner up with him. And, generally more entertaining.

    I don't think any of the girls should win, but Heidi deserves muchos kudos for becoming the top girl after being on the verge of elimination (of course, she got lucky with Travis and Benji as partners but who cares -- she had Ryan for weeks putting water on her fire). Actually, I am pretty sure that Benji has first place wrapped up, and Travis is second in voting.

    Still, Travis did better than Benji last night. You could say he lucked out with his partner and the choreography -- both of which are true -- but it doesn't matter since the luck has varied week to week. That is why consistency should matter.

    I'd say Dmitre and Allison and perhaps Natalie have had the worst runs of luck but that is going to happen on a pairs dancing show. The choreography is just as important -- but I also think that the choreographers (mostly not always) tailor the dances to the strength of the dancers (usually, the weaker one). So, the choreography strength reflects that of the couple.

  4. #94
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    220
    Travis should win, as he is the best contemporary dancer left -- the prize is being part of Celine Dion show, which Mia Michaels choreographed, it's really a no-brainer.

    But Benji will win, as that boy can't do no wrong, it seems. If it's America's vote, all the girls are gonna vote for the non-threatening boy.

    spiffy

  5. #95
    Big Electric Cat jasmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,802
    Somebody has been studying at the Mia Michaels school of the backhanded compliment.
    Token Christian.

    If truth is relative, how do you know?

  6. #96
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Blaine, WA
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffy View Post
    Travis should win, as he is the best contemporary dancer left -- the prize is being part of Celine Dion show, which Mia Michaels choreographed, it's really a no-brainer.

    But Benji will win, as that boy can't do no wrong, it seems. If it's America's vote, all the girls are gonna vote for the non-threatening boy.

    spiffy
    Wow....I guess I'll repeat what we all have heard ad-nauseum.....it's "America's Favorite Dancer"...not....America's Best Contemporary Dancer.

    That being the case.....it's Benji's win......Travis second...Heidi third....Donyelle fourth.

  7. #97
    FORT Fan lalou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by lilacllama View Post
    Wow....I guess I'll repeat what we all have heard ad-nauseum.....it's "America's Favorite Dancer"...not....America's Best Contemporary Dancer.

    That being the case.....it's Benji's win......Travis second...Heidi third....Donyelle fourth.
    ITA on all points!

  8. #98
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,207
    Benji has been pretty amazing all these weeks. I think it's pretty obvious now that Donyelle is nowhere near his level in partner dancing, yet he has pulled the couple to the top almost every week.

  9. #99
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffy View Post
    Travis should win, as he is the best contemporary dancer left -- the prize is being part of Celine Dion show, which Mia Michaels choreographed, it's really a no-brainer.

    But Benji will win, as that boy can't do no wrong, it seems. If it's America's vote, all the girls are gonna vote for the non-threatening boy.

    spiffy
    Which boy is non-threatening - Benji or Travis?
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

  10. #100
    Chihuahua's rule! drkim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar View Post
    Benji and Travis have come on so strong that the once girls-oriented show has now become a two-man show. .....Heidi deserves muchos kudos for becoming the top girl after being on the verge of elimination
    Totally agree with you on that. I felt from the beginning it was all about the ladies - overall as a group they were stronger than the top ten men. But individually Benji and Travis have proved themselves. I adore both of them.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.