+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Allison Holker - Season 2

Re: Allison - Season 2

Allison is a great dancer, but she couldn't dream coming close to Danny and Blake. Compared to those two she is out of her league.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Danny had two major flaws... his arrogance, and his lack of adaptability. Since I don't know him personally I won't defend the claims of arrogance. However, I did watch him dance each week and I saw with my own eyes that he was one dimensional. A remarkable dancer in his genre he couldn't adapt to the finesse of other styles. Seriously, Danny Krumping? Danny doing Hip Hop? There was no style of dance where you couldn't see the ballet training in Danny.

Allison, on the other hand, was like a chameleon. No matter what style she performed she was able to capture the ''feel' of the style. You're right about one thing, they were in different leagues. Danny was on the farm team and Allison was playing in the World Series.

As to Blake, I didn't see the first season, but if Blake was as 'good' as Danny, he'd blend into the background if he were on the same stage with Allison.

Now where's that ignore button???
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2650926;
    Danny had two major flaws... his arrogance, and his lack of adaptability. Since I don't know him personally I won't defend the claims of arrogance. However, I did watch him dance each week and I saw with my own eyes that he was one dimensional. A remarkable dancer in his genre he couldn't adapt to the finesse of other styles. Seriously, Danny Krumping? Danny doing Hip Hop? There was no style of dance where you couldn't see the ballet training in Danny.

Allison, on the other hand, was like a chameleon. No matter what style she performed she was able to capture the ''feel' of the style. You're right about one thing, they were in different leagues. Danny was on the farm team and Allison was playing in the World Series.

As to Blake, I didn't see the first season, but if Blake was as 'good' as Danny, he'd blend into the background if he were on the same stage with Allison.

Now where's that ignore button???
    I agree with everything, Danny/Blake are great technical dancers, but I would take Allison over either of them any day
    I found that with Danny his dancing looked so forced whereas Allison looked so natural and effortless

I don't really see how Allison is out of Danny/Blake's league
    She was an incredible dancer who blended perfectly with every kind of style and quite frankly, I may be no expert in dance, but I do not see anything that Danny or Blake have that Allison doesn't
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

Ranking them against each other is like trying to rank a banana, apple and orange. Everybody has favorites, but they aren't comparable. All three are fantastic dancers and have strengths and weaknesses. I love Allison's ability to emote. Her dancing was so expressive. Danny and Blake are tremendously strong and their leaps and turns are stunningly beautiful, but when Allison was on the stage, she captured the emotion and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Her dances with Ivan are some of my all time favorites for SYTYCD.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2651664;
    Her dances with Ivan are some of my all time favorites for SYTYCD.
    I can't listen to Ne-Yo's Sexy Love without smiling.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2651700;
    I can't listen to Ne-Yo's Sexy Love without smiling.
    Me too...I always call it the umbrella dance song!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

My youngest daughter (a professional dancer) absolutely loved that dance. She was so enamored she made an effort to take classes from Shane Sparks, the choreographer. However, what made it soooo special were Allison and Ivan!
    Tahoe bound....

I agree with you guys. Danny & Blake are beautiful dancers in their styles but Allison is in an entire different universe when it comes to versatility. I watched the marathon rerun and I got mad all over again when she was eliminated.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;2656369;
    ...I got mad all over again when she was eliminated.
    So did I.

But more importantly, I fell in love with her all over again.

Since people have been singing Allison's praises as of late, I thought I'd show some love to Allison with a little bump.

When Allison left the show in Season 2 I deleted the Season Pass from my TiVo, and never watched another episode that season. I don't feel that passion for any of he girls this season. I like Katee, Courtney and Cheslie, but I really don't care which one wins.

It's going to take someone special to take the place of Allison for me. She still ranks as my all time favorite.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast